Connect with us

News

Tinubu, Aides Angry With Presidency For Releasing His Pix With Walking Stick

Published

on

Tinubu, Aides Angry With Presidency For Releasing His Pix With Walking Stick
Spread the love

Tinubu, Aides Angry With Presidency For Releasing His Pix With Walking Stick

Tinubu, Aides Angry With Buhari, Presidency For Releasing Pictures Showing Ex-Lagos Governor With Walking Stick

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, and his close aides are not happy with the pictures released by the Presidency showing the former Lagos State Governor with a walking stick when President Muhammadu Buhari visited him in London, United Kingdom (UK), a source told SaharaReporters on Friday.

Presidential aide, Bashir Ahmad posted some photos on Facebook on Thursday and captioned them, “President Muhammadu Buhari this evening in London, the United Kingdom, visited Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.”

In the photos, Tinubu was seen leaning on a walking stick as he posed for shots with the President.

“Tinubu and his people are not happy that President Buhari brought NTA (Nigerian Television Authority- government-owned station) and others to visit him,” a source told SaharaReporters.

“When Lagos governor, (Babajide) Sanwo-Olu and (Abiodun) Faleke (federal lawmaker) visited him, nothing revealed he had a surgery or was sick. But the way Buhari had his photo ops handled by the Villa was not what he (Tinubu) bargained for.

ALSO READ:  Defection: Ignore Fani-Kayode’s Mischievous Claims On Ugwuanyi – Onoh

“They felt betrayed that such pictures showing him with a walking stick would be released. Note that all the pictures were released by the Presidency.”

SaharaReporters had on Monday reported that Tinubu underwent a second knee surgery at the John Hopkins University Hospital in Maryland, US.

The APC chieftain, it had been learnt, left the US for the United Kingdom on crutches, a few days after the surgery.

“Tinubu had his second surgery at John Hopkins University in Maryland recently. He was accompanied by a popular Nigerian doctor in Chicago,” a source had said.

He had wanted the surgery in Paris but when rumour was rife about his death, he hurriedly left for Nigeria and went to John Hopkins. He left the US for the UK on crutches.”

SaharaReporters had on July 31 reported that Tinubu, who has had several medical trips this year alone, had a surgery about two weeks earlier and could be billed for another one.

The APC National Leader has been off official and party functions in the country for a while, amidst talks that he is being positioned for the 2023 presidency to succeed the incumbent repressive regime of Buhari.

“Tinubu is hospitalised in Maryland, US. His health is failing. He couldn’t participate in launching his Arewa library, and he couldn’t participate in the Local Government Area elections last week. He could not attend today’s APC congress due to health reasons.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria confirms 34 new cases of COVID-19

“He had a surgery last week,” an authoritative source had disclosed.

A few days after the story, photographs of Tinubu hosting Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state in London surfaced where the duo were seen together in a room.

Reports have it that the meeting was held to put an end to speculations surrounding the APC National Leader’s health status.

In January 2021, Tinubu was also reported sick and hospitalised in Paris, France.

Tinubu had earlier complained of exhaustion and travelled out to rest before the news of his collapse went viral.

He was flown to Paris for medical attention in the first week of January.

SaharaReporters had on June 15 reported that Tinubu was also in Paris, battling with some old age ailment.

“Tinubu is in Paris, France for a medical checkup. His health is deteriorating. Old age and other stuff, but he still wants to be president. This could mean another medical tourism presidency for our country,” a top source had at that time revealed.

ALSO READ:  GOV OBIANO GAVE CASH REWARD OF TWO MILLION NAIRA TO POLICE OPERATIVES WHO FOILED ARMED ROBBERY ATTACK IN AWKA

SaharaReporters had reported the conspicuous absence of Tinubu during the one-day working visit of President Buhari to inaugurate various projects in Lagos State.

Earlier, the President’s spokesman, Garba Shehu, had tried to downplay the obvious rift between the two leaders and their camps, saying the interview the President granted to Arise Interview where he mentioned Lagos was not about Tinubu.

“You cannot sit there in Lagos, for instance, and decide on the fate of APC on zoning,” Buhari had said while responding to a question during the interview.

“The hope of this administration is to see APC last beyond it. Therefore we should allow the party to decide. The restructuring of the party has begun from the bottom to the top with the membership card registration. Every member of the party must be involved. We will soon conduct our convention. No single member of the party will be allowed to go against the wish of the party.”

Shehu had maintained that there was no rift between the two leaders and that the reference to Lagos had nothing to do with Tinubu.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Bauchi C J Grants 11 Inmates Freedom in Bauchi, Cautions Sharia Judges on Sentencing Suspects of Minor Offenses

Published

on

By

Bauchi C J Grants 11 Inmates Freedom in Bauchi, Cautions Sharia Judges on Sentencing Suspects of Minor Offenses
Spread the love

Bauchi C J Grants 11 Inmates Freedom in Bauchi, Cautions Sharia Judges on Sentencing Suspects of Minor Offenses

By Bashir Hassan Abubakar

Bauchi State Chief Judge, Hon. Justice Rabi T.Umar had in her third quarter visit to Custodial Centres in the State, released a total number of eleven inmates(11) from Custodial Centres in Bauchi State Command.

A press statement signed and issued Wednesday evening by the public relations officer of the Nigerian Correctional Service, Bauchi State Command, SC Adam Abubakar Jibrin said during the jail delivery exercise, the Chief judge, along side members of the Administration of criminal Justice committee, comprising of the Nigerian Police, the Director Public Prosecution(DPP) from Ministry of Justice, the Nigerian Bar Association Bauchi Chapter and the Controller of Corrections, toured Misau, Zaki,Gamawa and Azare Custodial Centres respectively.

ALSO READ:  CBN Clarifies Position On Operation Of Domiciliary Accounts

Others centres visited include Jama’are, Ningi and Bauchi Custodial Centres, where the CJ reviewed cases of awaiting trial inmates presented to her and released deserving ones.

While addressing the released inmates, the Chief Judge admonished them to be law abiding citizens and shun crime. The Chief judge also took time to address inmates with terrorism-related charges who have been languishing in custody for a long time without trial.

She assured them that government and relevant agencies are doing everything possible to address their problems, urging them to remain calm and exercise more patience.

Also addressing Sharia Court judges, the Chief Judge urged them to refrain from sentencing all manners of suspects into custody especially those with minor offences because, according to her, that brings about congestion in Custodial Centres.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria confirms 34 new cases of COVID-19

In his remarks, Controller of Corrections Bauchi State Command, CCS Kabir Abba Galadanci Commended the Chief Judge and the State government for making the visit to Custodial Centres possible.

He said the visit will go along way in decongesting the Centres and further give hope to the inmates.

Some freed inmates

Continue Reading

News

Lai Mohammed unhappy media is underreporting military success against bandits

Published

on

By

Lai Mohammed unhappy media is underreporting military success against bandits
Spread the love

Lai Mohammed unhappy media is underreporting military success against bandits

Lai Mohammed says the military has already drastically reduced banditry.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has called on the media to give more attention to the military’s offensive against bandits in the northwest region.

Military operations against them have been stepped up in recent weeks, with the government shutting down telecommunications services in many parts of Zamfara, Katsina, and Sokoto to cut off the bandits’ information flow.

Mohammed said during a meeting with the Katsina State government on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 that the strategy is working, and has already drastically reduced banditry.

ALSO READ:  Defection: Ignore Fani-Kayode’s Mischievous Claims On Ugwuanyi – Onoh

Lai Mohammed unhappy media is underreporting military success against bandits

The minister however lamented that the government’s positive efforts have not received the kind of media attention given to the bandits.

“There is no doubt that the table is turning against the bandits, since Katsina and other affected states came up with a number of novel measures that got the bandits boxed in, and the military stepped up its kinetic approach,” he said.

The 69-year-old said the government’s success ‘should be trumpeted’ so as to encourage more states to adopt similar measures, and boost the morale of security agencies.

He said the government is very worried about the wave of violence in the northwest region, and expressed confidence the military will soon put an end to it.

Continue Reading

News

Reps to investigate exclusion of Rivers from World Bank loan benefits

Published

on

By

Reps to investigate exclusion of Rivers from World Bank loan benefits
Spread the love

Reps to investigate exclusion of Rivers from World Bank loan benefits

House of Representatives on Wednesday called for investigation into the alleged exclusion of Rivers from projects to be financed by a fresh World Bank loan.

Solomon Bob (PDP-Rivers) had alleged in the house that Rivers is the only state that would not benefit from the loans.

He stated that the report, if true, rendered the Federal Government’s action as contrary to the spirit and letters of the 1999 Constitution.

He added that it would be discriminatory against the people of Rivers and capable of creating a sense of alienation, exclusion and discontent.

ALSO READ:  “I no longer believe in God” – Canadian gospel musician, Jonathan Steingard

Bob added that the house had a responsibility to ensure that the affairs of the federation were conducted in accordance with the Constitution and the law of equity and fairness.

This, he said, should be followed with an overriding responsibility to deploy its Constitutional powers to ensure compliance on the part of the Executive.

He added that Nigeria is a federation that professes equity, fairness and social justice and that there were several constitutional provisions prohibiting all forms of discrimination on the basis of partisan leaning, religion, place of origin or tribe.

Reps to investigate exclusion of Rivers from World Bank loan benefits

He said that some sections of the Constitution imposed a duty on the Federal Government to ensure equitable distribution of resources and projects across the federation.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria confirms 34 new cases of COVID-19

The consequently mandated its Committee on Aids, Loans and Debt Management to liaise with the office of the Adviser on National Assembly Matters to the President to ascertain the veracity of the allegation.

It also mandated the committee to revert in 14 days for further legislative action.

The house noted that if other states were listed, Rivers should be included to benefit from the projects to be executed with the fresh loan.

(NAN)

Continue Reading

Trending