Connect with us

Gossips

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train (Photos)

Published

on

Spread the love

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

Armed bandits on Wednesday reportedly bombed a train travelling between Abuja and Kaduna, inflicting technical damages on the country’s major rail infrastructure.

Former Senator Shehu Sani said a train he rode between Kaduna and Abuja on Thursday morning nearly derailed because of an explosive that damaged a section of the tracks.

Mr Sani, in a telephone exchange with Peoples Gazette over the incident, said the bandits were targeting the trains in order to dispose of passengers of their cash and other valuable possessions. He also said the attackers opened fire on the train driver.

ALSO READ:  S£x Video Of Imo State PCC Commissioner Leaked (18+)

A spokesman for the Nigerian Railway in Abuja did not immediately return a request seeking comments on Thursday morning.

Bandits have repeatedly targeted the railway between the nation’s capital and the key northern city, which has become the preferred route for passengers seeking to avoid the perilous three-hour journey by road.

The deadly gangs have raided military bases and shot down at least one reconnaissance jet of the Nigerian Air Force. Last week, The Wall Street Journal reported that the military paid a ransom to the bandits to prevent President Muhammadu Buhari’s plane from being shot down.

The president has repeatedly vowed to be ruthless against the attackers largely responsible for widespread abduction and plunder of communities across Nigeria’s northwestern region.

ALSO READ:  Bandits Force Victims To Labour On Their Farms Like Slaves

But security agencies are warning that the gangs are becoming more armed with sophisticated combat equipment that would make it more difficult to defeat them.

Following the information on the bomb blast on Kaduna-Abuja train by Bandits as reported on Wednesday, Chrysora Media learnt that Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) has suspended train service till further notice.
This was learnt through a text message received by our correspondence, which reads;

(NRC) INFO:

DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, TRAIN SERVICES HAVE BEEN IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR DEAR PASSENGERS.

EFFORTS ARE IN PLACE TO RESTORE SERVICE.
FURTHER INFORMATION WOULD FOLLOW IMMEDIATELY SERVICE IS RESTORED.

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Gossips

Lai Mohammed Will Now Say That FG Forced Jack Dorsey To Resign – Aisha Yesufu

Published

on

By

Lai Mohammed Will Now Say That FG Forced Jack Dorsey To Resign - Aisha Yesufu
Spread the love

Lai Mohammed Will Now Say That FG Forced Jack Dorsey To Resign – Aisha Yesufu

Recall that the co-founder of Twitter, Jack Dorsey stepped down from his executive role.
On this note, Aisha Yesufu, popular social media activist, has said that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, would claim responsibility for Jack Dorsey’s resignation as Twitter Chief Executive Officer.

According to her, the government would soon tell Nigerians that Jack’s resignation was part of negotiations to return the social media platform to the Nigerian space.

Dorsey, who posted the first-ever tweet in 2006, will be replaced by Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Parag Agrawal.

ALSO READ:  Breaking: Elder statesman, Ahmed Joda dies @ 91.

Elliott Management and billionaire investor Paul Singer had advised the tech guru to step down from Twitter or Square, his financial payments company

In an announcement of Monday, the company said Dorsey would exit but remain on the board until the stockholder meeting in 2022.

“I wouldn’t be surprised to hear Lai Mohammed claim they forced Jack to resign. They might even say it was part of the agreement for them to unban twitter in Nigeria,” Aisha tweeted.

Twitter is currently under suspension in Nigeria having been accused of being used in spreading fake news in the country.

However, one major event that happened before Twitter suspension was the taking down of President Muhammadu Buhari’s tweet where the Nigerian leader was adjudged to have threatened citizens of the country

Continue Reading

Gossips

Hilton Hotel Had Been Monitoring My Husband Before He Was Killed – Wife Of OAU MBA Student, Adegoke.

Published

on

By

Hilton Hotel Had Been Monitoring My Husband Before He Was Killed – Wife Of OAU MBA Student, Adegoke.
Spread the love

Hilton Hotel Had Been Monitoring My Husband Before He Was Killed – Wife Of OAU MBA Student, Adegoke.

Timothy Adegoke, the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) MBA student who was found dead at the Hilton Hotel and Resorts, Ile-Ife, Osun State, was said to be planning to relocate abroad before he was killed.

Bola Adegoke, the widow of the deceased revealed this on Monday, noting that her late husband was planning to relocate his family abroad over the rising insecurity in Nigeria.

Speaking with FIJ, she said, “He said he would relocate me, his children and his parents abroad while he would remain in the country. His parents sent him to school from the proceeds of farming, and he stopped them from going to the farm.”

ALSO READ:  Usifo Ataga: Chidinma’s Father, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice

“My husband had always used the hotel. So, they had been monitoring him. They were 16 in the hotel that night, and he was the only one they killed. I heard the hotel owner only uses people with good luck. We attend a white-garment church, and we had been told my husband had good luck.”

The mother of three children noted that getting justice for her husband could prevent such incidents in the future, especially at a time the country is faced with insecurity of all kinds.

“Although we have accepted our cross, I want justice. People must use hotels. If you travelled down to this place, you would still want to be lodged in a hotel in the evening. Ensuring justice in this case will discourage those who have plans to kill other people right now,” she said.

ALSO READ:  Photos Of Davido Kissing Mya Yafai Go Viral

SaharaReporters had earlier reported that Usman Baba, the Inspector-General of Police, had waded into the case of Adegoke, who was found dead at the Hilton Hotel and Resorts, Ile-Ife, Osun State.

A police source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, had said a team from Abuja arrived at the Osun Police Command on November 25 to work out modalities on how to transfer the investigation to Abuja.

“I can confirm to you that the Force Headquarters, under the instruction of the IGP, has ordered the transfer of the case to Abuja. Rahmon Adegoke, the owner of the hotel, has also been transported to the Force Headquarters where investigations would continue,” he had said.

Continue Reading

Gossips

Luchy Donalds Shades Destiny Etiko Over Comments On Her Shopping Bags

Published

on

By

Luchy Donalds Shades Destiny Etiko Over Comments On Her Shopping Bags
Spread the love

Luchy Donalds Shades Destiny Etiko Over Comments On Her Shopping Bags

Nollywood actress, Luchy Donalds fired back at her colleague, Destiny Etiko over a comment she made as regards her shopping bags.

This faceoff ensued after Luchy Donalds flaunted some designer bags including Gucci while affirming that she paid for the bags herself. However, social media users who felt sceptical about it doubted the possibility of her buying the bags from the designers’ shop inscribed on the shopping bags.

While netizens blasted the actress, Destiny Etiko also joined forces by dropping a shady post that reads ‘Empty bags’, but deleted it after a couple of minutes.

ALSO READ:  Male and female pastors arrested over constant s£xual affairs in Adamawa

This post of Destiny Etiko was what angered Luchy Donalds who saw it as an attack on her. Reacting to the shade, Luchy Donalds noted that the actress has undergone a series of surgeries to arrive at her curvy stature while claiming to be naturally endowed.

She wrote:

“So some idol who has been doing surgery up and down claiming natural tummy and ass is bitter about my bags. I am very calm but ask o hmm, I will be your worst nightmare. If you drag me directly.

Keep coming indirectly for now. You make everything one doing well your competition Ewu. Ask ooo I don’t look for trouble but don’t ever dare look for mine… don’t delete your post idiot”

Continue Reading

Trending