Connect with us

Sports

Messi Dismisses Inter Milan Rumours

Published

on

Spread the love

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has denied reports linking him with a move to Italian side Inter Milan, branding a story suggesting the contrary a lie.

In a post made on his Instagram account on Thursday, he also said that a story suggesting he posted former teammate Ronaldinho’s $1.6 million bail this week is made up.

Messi attempted to put an end to the recent rumours he might leave Barcelona by posting a screengrab of a story saying he could move to Inter “the first lie”.

In the same image, he branded a report saying he was behind Ronaldinho’s bail, which was posted in Paraguay this week, “the second lie”.

ALSO READ:  Euro 2020: Rashford Apologizes Over Penalty Miss Against Italy

Messi’s future has been the subject of plenty of speculation since it was revealed last year that he could potentially leave Barca for free this summer, despite the fact his contract runs until 2021.

Sources have told ESPN that Manchester City are monitoring his situation and this week former Inter president Massimo Moratti said that signing the six-time Ballon d’Or-winner was no longer a “forbidden dream”.

La Liga chief Javier Tebas heavily criticised Serie A’s finances – saying even Messi couldn’t help fix the league’s woes – following talk Inter could be a realistic destination for Messi, but the rumours have persisted.

ALSO READ:  CRISTIANO RONALDO TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19

Meanwhile, ex-Brazil star Ronaldinho, who Messi played with at the Camp Nou, was granted house arrest on Tuesday following 32 days in prison for attempting to enter the country with falsified passports.

It’s the third time this year Messi has used social media to send a message.

In February, he engaged in a war of words with Barcelona’s sporting director Eric Abidal when the Frenchman suggested in an interview that the players were responsible for former coach Ernesto Valverde’s sacking.

Then last week in a statement eventually released by all the players, he criticised members of the Barca board for leaks claiming the players were reluctant to play their part by taking a wage cut to help the club alleviate the financial effects of the coronavirus pandemic. (ESPN)

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

U20 WWCQ: Falconets Thrash CAR 7-0 In Douala

Published

on

By

U20 WWCQ: Falconets Thrash CAR 7-0 In Douala
Spread the love

U20 WWCQ: Falconets Thrash CAR 7-0 In Douala

Two-time runners-up of the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup, Nigeria’s Falconets fired from all cylinders as they hit the U20 girls of Central African Republic 7-0 in their FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup Africa first round, first leg encounter in Douala on Saturday.

The Falconets made things abundantly clear from the second minute of the match played at one of the stadia designated for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations – Stade Japoma de Douala – when Mercy Idoko finished brilliantly to put Nigeria ahead.

Three minutes later, Idoko made good from the penalty spot to make it 2-0 as the Falconets stepped on the pedal, and in the 34th minute, winger Esther Onyenezide made it 3-0 as superiority told against the Central African Republic girls in the Douala sun.

ALSO READ:  Rested Messi ‘Ready To Help Barca Win La Liga And UCL’

The Falconets were now unstoppable and a minute before recess, Joy Jerry increased the tally.

U20 WWCQ: Falconets Thrash CAR 7-0 In Douala

The second period followed a similar pattern as Deborah Abiodun (78th minute), Taiwo Lawal (83rd minute) and Yena Adoo (one minute into time added-on) piled more misery on the central Africans, who were actually playing at ‘home’.

The return leg has now been scheduled for Wednesday, 6th October at the Mobolaji Johnson Arena, Onikan, Lagos.

Continue Reading

Sports

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision

Published

on

By

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision
Spread the love

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision

Congratulations to the new Unified WBO Heavyweight Champion Oleksandr Usyk, who defeated Anthony Joshua by unanimous decision. Scorecards: 117-112, 116-112, 115-113

Anthony Joshua suffered the second loss of his career at the hands of a brilliant Oleksandr Usyk on a thrilling night at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Usyk started the stronger, landed a string of excellent body shots and moving around the ring with ease.

Joshua then began to work his way into the fight in the middle rounds, landing some blows that got the crowd going.

But Usyk turned the momentum round and began to land yet more convincing blows to the Brit, whose right eye was badly injured towards the end of the bout.

ALSO READ:  Rested Messi ‘Ready To Help Barca Win La Liga And UCL’

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision

Both fighters gave it their all, and Usyk went on the front foot in a thrilling final round.

All three judges awarded a win to Usyk, and the result did not come as a surprise following a brilliant performance.

The star, who has only had two fights at heavyweight, broke down in tears after the decision was announced.

Joshua has lost his WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight titles.

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision

Usyk broke down in tears when the decision was announced

Continue Reading

Sports

Karim Benzema has scored as many goals as the entire Barca team

Published

on

By

Karim Benzema has scored as many goals as the entire Barca team
Spread the love

Karim Benzema has scored as many goals as the entire Barca team

Karim Benzema’s start to the season has been stunning. The Frenchman is just two assists off his tally for last season and he has scored the same numbers of goals as the entire Barca team.

Karim Benzema’s start to the season has been stunning. The Frenchman is just two assists off his tally for last season and he has scored the same numbers of goals as the entire Barca team.

Real Madrid beat Mallorca on Wednesday after another Karim Benzema masterclass. The Frenchman has once again been showing that he is crucial to Real Madrid’s attack and the club would be in a much worse position without his goals.

ALSO READ:  Real Madrid vs Mönchengladbach: How Zidane, Benzema reacted to Champions League’s 2-0 victory

His brace meant he reached the milestone of 200 La Liga goals and he has now scored eight this season. The Frenchman has made seven appearances, scored eight goals and given seven assists. Unbelievable stats.

Karim Benzema has scored as many goals as the entire Barca team

To highlight how good Benzema has been, the French forward has scored more goals than all of Ronald Koeman’s side put together. It is true that Madrid have played two more games than Barcelona, but those stats are unbelievable.

Without Leo Messi, the man who seems to be leading way is Benzema after Barca’s goals have dried up following the Argentinian’s departure.

ALSO READ:  Abia Warriors Goalkeeper Shot In Ibadan

With regards to the La Liga goalscoring charts, Benzema is top with eight, Vinicius is second with five, Oyarzabal of Real Sociedad is third with four goals and Real Madrid’s Marco Asensio is fourth with three goals.

Benzema is also well clear when it comes to assists. He has seven while Villarreal’s Yeremi Pino is next with three.

Continue Reading

Trending