Connect with us

Gossips

Man Commits Suicide After Fighting With Wife In Adamawa

Published

on

Man Commits Suicide After Fighting With Wife In Adamawa
Spread the love

Man Commits Suicide After Fighting With Wife In Adamawa

A 29-year-old man, Vandu Weida, has committed suicide by drinking herbicides.

The incident occurred at Mildu Central, in the Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State last Tuesday.

Vandu, a father of three, had a misunderstanding with his wife, which degenerated into a fight.

An eyewitness said during the fight, Weida told his wife that he was fed up with her and the world and preferred to die in order to leave her with the children.

Man Commits Suicide After Fighting With Wife In Adamawa

After the fight, the man, who could not control his temper, allegedly went and drank the chemical, and was later found on the ground gasping for breath.

ALSO READ:  Man Arrested For Raping 4-Year-Old Daughter Of His Co-Tenant In Ogun (Photo)

He was rushed to the Mubi General Hospital, where he was confirmed dead, as the substance had already damaged his intestines.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Suleiman Nguroje, said he was not aware of the incident, but promised to get back after contacting the Madagali Police Division.

He had yet to get back to our correspondent as of the time of filing this report.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Gossips

FG Confirms Killing Of Mala Bako, ISWAP Leader

Published

on

By

FG Confirms Killing Of Mala Bako, ISWAP Leader
Spread the love

FG Confirms Killing Of Mala Bako, ISWAP Leader

The federal government has announced the killing of Malam Bako, a leader of Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP).

Bako succeeded Abu Musab Al-Barnawi, the late leader and son of Boko Haram founder, Mohammed Yusuf.

National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno addressed State House correspondents on Thursday.

The retired General spoke after President Muhammadu Buhari met security chiefs at the State House.

FG Confirms Killing Of Mala Bako ISWAP Leader

Monguno disclosed that Bako was neutralized along with an ISWAP commander. He hailed the armed forces for recent successful operations.

“In one month, we have been able to take out the leadership of ISWAP, that is Abu Musab Al-Barnawi.

ALSO READ:  Boko Haram Display Armed Personnel Carrier Captured From Nigerian Soldiers

“Two days ago, the man who succeeded him, Malam Bako, one of ISWAP Shura Council, was also taken out.”

Monguno said the terror group is contending with leadership crisis accompanied with inherent issues of trust, conflicts and suspicion.

The NSA added that ongoing military operations had put pressure on Boko Haram, ISWAP, and the Islamic State in the Greatest Sahara.

On October 14, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Lucky Irabor confirmed Al-Barnawi’s death.

Continue Reading

Gossips

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train (Photos)

Published

on

By

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train
Spread the love

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

Armed bandits on Wednesday reportedly bombed a train travelling between Abuja and Kaduna, inflicting technical damages on the country’s major rail infrastructure.

Former Senator Shehu Sani said a train he rode between Kaduna and Abuja on Thursday morning nearly derailed because of an explosive that damaged a section of the tracks.

Mr Sani, in a telephone exchange with Peoples Gazette over the incident, said the bandits were targeting the trains in order to dispose of passengers of their cash and other valuable possessions. He also said the attackers opened fire on the train driver.

ALSO READ:  Just In: Sunday Igboho’s house razed in Ibadan (Photos)

A spokesman for the Nigerian Railway in Abuja did not immediately return a request seeking comments on Thursday morning.

Bandits have repeatedly targeted the railway between the nation’s capital and the key northern city, which has become the preferred route for passengers seeking to avoid the perilous three-hour journey by road.

The deadly gangs have raided military bases and shot down at least one reconnaissance jet of the Nigerian Air Force. Last week, The Wall Street Journal reported that the military paid a ransom to the bandits to prevent President Muhammadu Buhari’s plane from being shot down.

The president has repeatedly vowed to be ruthless against the attackers largely responsible for widespread abduction and plunder of communities across Nigeria’s northwestern region.

ALSO READ:  #BringBackOurBoys: Northern Groups Protest In Katsina Over Kidnapped Students

But security agencies are warning that the gangs are becoming more armed with sophisticated combat equipment that would make it more difficult to defeat them.

Following the information on the bomb blast on Kaduna-Abuja train by Bandits as reported on Wednesday, Chrysora Media learnt that Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) has suspended train service till further notice.
This was learnt through a text message received by our correspondence, which reads;

(NRC) INFO:

DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, TRAIN SERVICES HAVE BEEN IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR DEAR PASSENGERS.

EFFORTS ARE IN PLACE TO RESTORE SERVICE.
FURTHER INFORMATION WOULD FOLLOW IMMEDIATELY SERVICE IS RESTORED.

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

Continue Reading

Gossips

Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest

Published

on

By

Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest
Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest
Spread the love

Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest

Security operatives, including police, soldiers and others have stormed the Lekki toll gate to prevent the first anniversary of #EndSARS nationwide protests.

The police authorities and State Government had warned against another phase of protests.

But the adamant groups have vowed not to back down despite the repeated warnings.

Organisers of the memorial protest have been mobilising on social media platforms.

They vowed to storm the Lekki Tollgate in a car procession.

The Nation reports the tollgate has been shut since October 20, after the EndSARS incident.

ALSO READ:  Police Arraigns Lawyer For Stealing ₦5 Million In Ebonyi

Witnesses told The Nation that heavy presence of armed security operatives was spotted in some parts of Lekki and other areas of the State.

Continue Reading

Trending