Connect with us

Lifestyle

Kaduna: Bandits demand cooked food as ransom

Published

on

Kaduna: Bandits demand cooked food as ransom
Spread the love

Kaduna: Bandits demand cooked food as ransom

Gunmen in the early hours of Friday stormed Birshin Fulani, a suburb of Bauchi metropolis, and kidnapped a nursing mother of three children, Mrs Rukayyat Odedoyin.

Bandits in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State are now demanding cooked food as a ransom for kidnapped victims.

The bandits were said to have retrieved from attacking communities since the state Government banned weekly markets as part of measures to tackle insecurity in the state.

A youth leader in one of the villages of Birnin Gwari, Babangida ‎ Yaro, told newsmen that since the ban, bandits operating along Damari, Kutemashi and Kuyello villages only asked for cooked food each time they abduct people.

ALSO READ:  Your Breast is for Your Babies Not Your Husbands - Enugu Commissioner

According to him, the ban on the sale of fuel in filling stations located in rural communities had also helped to restrict their movement.

Kaduna: Bandits demand cooked food as ransom

“There is relative peace around Damari, kuyello, Kutemashi because the bandits have stopped attacking our communities. They usually stay in the forest and seize food items mostly cooked ones from vendors,” he said.

He added that when they abducted two or three persons in farms, one is allowed to go and get them food from their relatives as ransom since there is no communication network to make contact.

The youth leader added that the Dogon Dawa area is still not completely safe because villagers are still scared of accessing their farmlands.

ALSO READ:  Sexual Molestation Claims Of Afaka Students Untrue, Says Parents

Babangida also lamented that the ban on the use of private Motorcycles in the villages had increased hardship on the bandits as well as residents.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

Defamation: Leave Us Out Of Your Issues With Umukoro, We Gave You Fair Hearing, Oasis Magazine Tells Kigho

Published

on

By

Defamation: Leave Us Out Of Your Issues With Umukoro, We Gave You Fair Hearing, Oasis Magazine Tells Kigho
Spread the love

Defamation: Leave Us Out Of Your Issues With Umukoro, We Gave You Fair Hearing, Oasis Magazine Tells Kigho

By Our Reporters

Oasis Magazine has said that the demand by the President of Oruarivie Youth Council (OYC), Efe Kigho, for a retraction over an online story published by the media house was uncalled for.

N.O Ogbodu, ESQ.,
S.G. Ediagbonuvie & CO., (LEGAL PRACTITIONERS)., had said in letter addressed to Oasis Magazine on Wednesday, 13th October, 2021
that the story, “CALL EFE KIGHO TO ORDER, UMUKORO TELLS ORUARIVIE – ABRAKA KINGDOM MONARCH” was defamatory.

In a statement signed by the Publisher & Editor-in-Chief, Daniel Dafe Umukoro, on Thursday, the media house said that with the rejoinder published for Kigho to counter the said story by Umukoro, fair reportage was already served.

ALSO READ:  Reno Omokri: Imo State Hopeless Since Ihedioha Was Unjustly Removed

“Journalism is about fair hearing and you have since debunked the said story by the same media you are demanding a retraction from,” the statement added.

Meanwhile, the fast-growing platform through her law partners, IKIMI OGHENEJABOR & CO.,
(LEGAL PRACTITIONERS) at
Suite 4, Favour Plaza,
By Express Junction,
Ovwian,
Delta State, in a letter (yet to be delivered) also waived off the retraction call by Kigho’s lawyer.

The letter dated 21st October, 2021, said: “Having calmly perused the contents of your letter under reference and the separate interviews granted Comrade Kelly Efemena Umukoro by our client on the 27th September, 2021 and published online same day and the rejoinder our client granted your client on the 1st October, 2021 on the issues raised by Comrade Kelly Efemena Umukoro in his earlier interview and published same day online, we are unable to legally advice our client to retract any of the aforesaid publication or to publish any public apology to your client in any two national dailies or pay your client the sum of N50,000,000.00 (Fifty Million naira) as damages as demanded in your letter under reference.”

ALSO READ:  I am Always Fulfilled Doing What God Directs Me To Do - Ex Int’l Boxer

Adding: “We are of the legal opinion that our client having granted your client a right of reply and which said reply was published on the 1st October, 2021 our client had exercised fair hearing and fair reportage of all contending issues raised in your letter under reference.”

“In the circumstance, we trust you would advice your client accordingly,” the letter added.

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Nobody Was Killed At Lekki Tollgate – Pro-Buhari Protesters

Published

on

By

Nobody Was Killed At Lekki Tollgate - Pro-Buhari Protesters
Spread the love

Nobody Was Killed At Lekki Tollgate – Pro-Buhari Protesters

A group of pro-Buhari protesters has converged on the Unity Fountain in Abuja, saying “nobody died at Lekki tollgate” in Lagos.

The protesters who were conveyed to the venue on a bus, held up placards stating,”#EndSarsProtest; Lekki shooting was a hoax”, and ”Nobody died at Lekki tollgate”.

Okpokwu Ogenyi, leader of the pro-government protesters, said the #EndSARS protesters were mobilised to blackmail the Buhari administration.

“We shall no longer keep quiet while unscrupulous elements are trying to blackmail the Buhari government,” he said.

Some of the protesters TheCable spoke to said they did not know why they were brought to the Unity Fountain.

ALSO READ:  I am Always Fulfilled Doing What God Directs Me To Do - Ex Int’l Boxer

Nobody Was Killed At Lekki Tollgate – Pro-Buhari Protesters

Hadisatu, one of the protesters, said she did not know why she was brought to the protest venue, but that she had gone to pray and was brought there after he prayers.

When asked if she was paid to be there, she said, “it’s when we go that we will be paid”.

Also Joy, another protester, said one Miss Bello asked her to show up, adding “I don’t why I am here”.

On October 20, 2020, soldiers reportedly opened fire on protesters campaigning against police brutality at Lekki tollgate.

While some reports, including civil society groups say some protesters were killed in the attack, the federal government has disputed this account.

ALSO READ:  Igboho, Kanu’ s Abduction, You Hailed It. Why Changing In Kyari’s Case? - Reno Omokri

Lai Mohammed, minister of information, on Wednesday described the Lekki incident as a ”phantom massacre”.

Nigerians poured into the streets in Lagos, Abuja and other places today to mark the first anniversary of the #EndSARS protest.

Continue Reading

Gossips

Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest

Published

on

By

Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest
Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest
Spread the love

Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest

Security operatives, including police, soldiers and others have stormed the Lekki toll gate to prevent the first anniversary of #EndSARS nationwide protests.

The police authorities and State Government had warned against another phase of protests.

But the adamant groups have vowed not to back down despite the repeated warnings.

Organisers of the memorial protest have been mobilising on social media platforms.

They vowed to storm the Lekki Tollgate in a car procession.

The Nation reports the tollgate has been shut since October 20, after the EndSARS incident.

ALSO READ:  See A Private Wedding That Called Everyone’s Attention

Witnesses told The Nation that heavy presence of armed security operatives was spotted in some parts of Lekki and other areas of the State.

Continue Reading

Trending