Connect with us

News

FLASH BACK: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly – Jonathan

Published

on

FLASH BACK: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly - Jonathan
Spread the love

FLASH BACK: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly – Jonathan (23rd Nov 2018)

Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost Eight Children, Says GEJ

Former President Goodluck Jonathan says pictures of his mock coffin displayed in the media during the anti-fuel subsidy removal protests of 2012 traumatised his aged mother who had lost eight children.

Jonathan said this in his recently published book titled, My Transition Hours.

The former President said, “The protests continued unabated. In all of these, one woman I pitied most was my aged mother who was with me in the State House.

“Every day, she watched on television protesters carrying a casket with my picture on it and having the inscription ‘Rest In Peace.’

ALSO READ:  Do I Still Remain A Virgin Even After Masturbating?- I Need Your Advice

“I could imagine her trauma. This is a woman who had 10 live births with only my elder sister and I surviving.”

Jonathan said during the protests, several notable Nigerians visited him, asking him to reverse the increment in the pump price of petrol.

Some of the prominent Nigerians who visited him include: General-Overseer, Living Faith Mission (Winners Chapel) Bishop David Oyedepo; Primate of the Anglican Church, Rt.Rev Nichola Okoh and eight other clerics.

He said what was more disheartening was the fact that the opposition in Lagos had hijacked the protests.

Jonathan added that even the Nigeria Labour Congress which had been briefed on the matter before the subsidy removal was announced was co-opted into joining the protests.

The former President added, “In Lagos State for instance, it was like a carnival. Musicians, comedians and other celebrities were engaged by opposition elements to join the protests. Refreshments were served to protesters.

ALSO READ:  Joe Nwodo: Buhari, Ugwuanyi, Others Pay Last Respect

“Every morning Lagos State government workers cleaned up the Gani Fawehinmi Park and prepared it for the day’s protests. It appeared as though the protesters were very special guests of the Lagos State Government. Similar scenarios played out in other opposition controlled states.”

Jonathan further stated that the House of Representatives, which was led by pro-opposition Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, decided to exploit the situation.

He said the House accused him of fleeing the country in a bid to exploit the situation for political gain.

The former President added, “The House of Representatives whose Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, was hobnobbing with the opposition (he eventually defected to the opposition) did not help matters.

ALSO READ:  Insecurity: Why US May Not Heed Buhari’s Call For Assistance — Falana

“Thinking that I had left the country for South Africa to attend the centenary celebration of the African National Congress, Speaker Tambuwal convened the House to sit on a Sunday just to condemn the deregulation.

“That was the first and only time in Nigeria’s political history that the parliament sat on a Sunday. At that sitting, an opposition member of the House got up to allege that I had abandoned the nation at such a crucial time to join festivities in South Africa.

“Unknown to the House, on that same day while they were sitting, I was at Eagle Square to inaugurate mass transit vehicles my administration purchased to cushion the effect of the subsidy removal.”

#NB

Same People who Occupied Nigeria then suddenly became dumb without Brains anymore.

FLASH BACK: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly - Jonathan

FLASH BACK: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly - Jonathan

FLASH BACK: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly - Jonathan

FLASH BACK: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly - Jonathan

FLASH BACK: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly – Jonathan

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Police release 7 Boko Haram suspects after three-year unlawful detention

Published

on

By

Police release 7 Boko Haram suspects after three-year unlawful detention
Spread the love

Police release 7 Boko Haram suspects after three-year unlawful detention

Respite has finally come the way of the alleged Maiduguri-based Boko Haram suspects following their release on Tuesday in Abuja after spending over three years in police detention.

The seven detainees were set free on the order of a Federal High Court in Abuja issued on December 1 by Justice Modupe Olajuwon.

Their release comes exactly seven days after the court order was issued.

Their lawyer, Peter Abbo, who filed and argued a fundamental human rights enforcement suit on their behalf, confirmed their release to our correspondent.

Justice Olajuwon had on December 1 in a judgment ordered police to pay the sum of N15 million to the seven over their unlawful detention for three years without trial.

ALSO READ:  Do I Still Remain A Virgin Even After Masturbating?- I Need Your Advice

The suspects, who were said to have been arrested inside a Maiduguri market, were allegedly dumped at the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) detention facility at Abbatoir in Abuja.

Justice Olajuwon, in the judgment on their fundamental human rights enforcement suit, had held that the detention of the men for three years without trial contravened the provisions of the 1999 constitution.

The judge had said that the police acted in bad faith in keeping the detainees beyond the period required by law especially when there was no cogent and verifiable ground of indictment of the applicants for any offence.

Justice Olajuwon, while holding that the detention was illegal, unlawful and unconstitutional, consequently ordered that the seven applicants be released forthwith to their families.

ALSO READ:  Anambra 2021: Umeoji Reacts As INEC Publishes Soludo’s Name As APGA Candidate

Police release 7 Boko Haram suspects after three-year unlawful detention

The judge ordered that each applicant be paid a sum of N2 million as damages for their unlawful detention and another N1 million as the cost of litigation that brought about the judgment.

Counsel to the applicants, Aboh, while confirming the release, told our correspondent that the detainees have just been handed over to him and that they are eager to go back to Maiduguri to reunite with their families after three years of separation.

“As I am talking to you, the seven detainees are here with me having just been released on the order of the federal high court in Abuja issued on December 1.

ALSO READ:  Joe Nwodo: Buhari, Ugwuanyi, Others Pay Last Respect

“Though their detention is arbitrary, unjust and unlawful, they are still happy that police complied with the order of the court and they are in high spirits seeking to travel immediately to Maiduguri where they were arrested,” he said.

He insisted that the detainees were unjustly labelled as Boko Haram suspects by police to justify the unlawful detention.

The lawyer had earlier told journalists that an Abuja based non-governmental organization, Dayspring Life Foundation, stumbled on the detainees and took over the sponsorship of the litigation to rescue them from the claws of police and unlawful detention.

The applicants are Ajiri Bulama Dungus, Gudja Giddah, Adam Mohammed, Wardi Dungus, Fanami Mustapha, Mohammed Abba and Makinka Alhaji Dungus.

Continue Reading

News

‘What has happened has happened,’ Lagos church backs Sanwo-Olu’s ‘walk of peace’

Published

on

By

'What has happened has happened,' Lagos church backs Sanwo-Olu's 'walk of peace'
Spread the love

‘What has happened has happened,’ Lagos church backs Sanwo-Olu’s ‘walk of peace’

The Cherubim and Seraphim Movement Church Worldwide, Yaba District Headquarters (Ogo Serafu), has thrown its support on the Peace Walk planned by the Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

The Chairman of the church’s 50th Anniversary Celebration, Special Apostle Samuel Sogunro, gave the support on behalf of the church, during a news conference at the church’s headquarters in Ijeshatedo.

Sanwo-Olu had on November 30 called on the youths and other stakeholders to join him on Peace Walk, for healing of Lagos State, after the disturbances that trailed the 2020 #EndSARS protests against police brutality.

The news conference was to announce the 50th Anniversary of the church, the Cathedral Dedication and its 51st Harvest Thanksgiving.

ALSO READ:  Minimum Wage: Delta Workers To Be Paid From January

Sogunro, a former Rector of the Lagos State Polytechnic, said that what had happened was irreversible, but all had to come together and move the nation forward.

According to him, the whole issue about #EndSARS protest and its aftermath came with a lot of lessons learnt.

“The bottom line is that we must move forward as a nation, and we continue to learn everyday. I believe that what heppened during that EndSARS will never repeat itself again.

“So many things, many infrastructure of government were destroyed, I bet you if it had been other states, they will not get over it till thy kingdom come but we want to appreciate the Lagos State Government for rising up to that challenge.

“Lagos State Government has been doing very well, as far as infrastructural development and listens to the masses. So, the Peace Walk is the thing that everyone wants to embrace

ALSO READ:  Joe Nwodo: Buhari, Ugwuanyi, Others Pay Last Respect

“What has happened has happened, we need to move on, let us come together and forge ahead.

“I believe the government is reasoning in the right direction. So people should join hand with the government to make sure that we come together and build our country ourselves,” he said.

‘What has happened has happened,’ Lagos church backs Sanwo-Olu’s ‘walk of peace’

Sogunro said that the church, formerly known as The Holy Order of Cherubim and Seraphim Church Movement Ijeshatedo, was founded in 1970, by late Senior Apostle Nathaniel Aderibigbe Ajijolaoluwa, in a small shop at Johnson Bus stop, ljesha Road, Surulere, Lagos.

ALSO READ:  Insecurity/Corruption: Why The Madness Of Education Abroad For 'Repentant Terrorists'?

He said that since inception, the church had exhibited its spirituality and revealed revelations, of which a lot of testimonies abound.

According to him, the church has billed to celebrate its 50+1 anniversary and dedication of its cathedral on December 11, and the Adult Harvest Thanksgiving Service on December 12.

He said that the church had highlighted a lot of activities for the three major programmes, which had started on November 28 with health check, health talk and evangelism.

Sogunro said that there had been praise concert, symposium, visit to orphanage home, with inter-branch Bible Quiz, Prophetic Night on December 8.

He urged Christians to continue to live according to the dictates of the Lord God, so as to live meaningful lives.

Continue Reading

News

Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death

Published

on

By

Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death
Spread the love

Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death

After petitions addressed to the Nigeria police force (NPF), the family of the late 12-year-old Dowen College student, Sylvester Oromoni Jnr, has hired the firm of a foremost human rights lawyer and activist, Femi Falana, to prosecute the case against the institution over the unfortunate death of their son.

The lawyer has, therefore, written to the office of Lagos State’s chief coroner, requesting an inquest into the circumstances leading to the death of his client’s child.

It was earlier on Monday reported that the insistence of the deceased’s father, Sylvester Oromoni Snr, that his son was bullied to death, even as he lamented the attitude of the school management to the development.

ALSO READ:  Easter Celebration : Anambra CP Assures Residents of Adequate Security

Lawyer’s letter

The letter, which was dated December 6, 2021 and signed by Taiwo Olawale, a copy of which was obtained by Chrysora Media, was specifically addressed to the chief coroner, high court of Lagos State.

Entitled; “Request for Inquest into the Tragic Death of Sylvester Oromoni killed at Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos,” noted that based on the briefings by the family, the late student died as a result of injuries allegedly inflicted on him by his seniors at the school.”

The letter reads in part: “Given the needless death of Sylvester Oromoni, we are compelled to request you to use your good offices to cause a coroner’s inquest to be conducted into the cause of death of this young and promising boy and make appropriate recommendations pursuant to Section 15 of the Lagos State Coroner’s Law 2007 that states that an inquest shall hold whenever a coroner is informed that the death of a deceased person within his coroner district is as a result of a death in a violent, unnatural or suspicious situation.

“We hereby request your lordship to conduct an inquest into the circumstance surrounding this tragic death and we are confident that your lordship will accede to our request with utmost urgency.”

Continue Reading

Trending