Connect with us

Sports

Anthony Joshua Flaunts His Incredibly Fit Physique Ahead Of Oleksandr Usyk Fight

Published

on

Anthony Joshua Flaunts His Incredibly Fit Physique Ahead Of Oleksandr Usyk Fight
Spread the love

Anthony Joshua Flaunts His Incredibly Fit Physique Ahead Of Oleksandr Usyk Fight

Unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua left his 12.5m Instagram followers in awe, after sharing a photo of his impressive physique during a training session a few days ago.

Joshua is set to face undefeated Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk on September 25, and it appears the former Olympic gold medallist has started his training camp for the bout, after he spent several months relaxing and travelling with close friends and team members.

AJ captioned the post, “I am happy to work” and received support from a number of fellow boxers and fans.

Anthony Fowler commented: “Never not in shape.”

ALSO READ:  Inter Ask Chelsea To Drop Asking Price For Moses

Kal Yafai said, “Man like Femi!!!”

Joshua’s post comes just days after the heavyweight champion was warned by trainer Peter Fury ahead of his upcoming clash.

Fury, who was in nephew Tyson’s corner during the Gypsy King’s world heavyweight title triumph in 2015, claimed that Usyk is “a serious heavyweight and a serious talent,” and is more than capable of defeating AJ in their September bout.

“It’s not a walk in the park. Forget cruiserweight. This guy, he’s had a couple of fights in the heavyweight division, he’s adjusted, he’s put the necessary weight on.

Anthony Joshua Flaunts His Incredibly Fit Physique Ahead Of Oleksandr Usyk Fight

“He’s a serious heavyweight and a serious talent, so it will be a good fight.”

ALSO READ:  Early Payments For Premier League Clubs

“Yes, of course he has [enough power to gain Joshua’s respect],” he told Sky Sports.

“He’s an accurate puncher and anybody in the fight trade knows when you’re in that body weight bracket, when you’re punching correctly, any punchers can do damage.

“Yes, he belongs in the division and he’s a serious threat. It’s a serious fight. Full credit to Joshua for taking that fight.”

Joshua is set to face former cruiserweight champion Usyk on September 25 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The clash is arguably AJ’s toughest test to date.

Usyk is considered by many to be one of the best pound-for-pound boxers in the world having previously defeated the likes of Tony Bellew, Derek Chisora and Murat Gassiev.

ALSO READ:  Jinadu Signs For West Ham

Joshua will certainly still be the favourite going into the bout, following his solid last outing against Kubrat Pulev as well as his significant size and power advantage.

However, it goes without saying that Usyk is far from a mere stepping-stone towards an all-British unification bout with Tyson Fury.

It will be Usyk’s third bout at heavyweight and Joshua’s WBA, IBF and WBO belts will all be on the line.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Siasia sues FIFA over ban, demands refund of $54k fine

Published

on

By

Siasia sues FIFA over ban, demands refund of $54k fine
Spread the love

Siasia sues FIFA over ban, demands refund of $54k fine

Samson Siasia, former Super Eagles player and coach, has sued FIFA over the federation’s earlier decision to hand him a life ban from all football-related activities.

In 2019, FIFA had found Siasia “guilty of having accepted that he would receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches”.

The world football governing body had said the offence violated its code of ethics while the ban was also accompanied by a 50,000 Swiss francs ($54,000) fine.

On June 21, the sanction was however reduced to a five-year ban at the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).

The court had also ruled that the life ban handed to the Nigerian was “disproportionate” to the offence he was said to have committed.

ALSO READ:  I like the love and hate i get from my fans - Cristiano Ronaldo

But in a dramatic twist, Siasia filed a suit at a federal court in New York on Monday, challenging his initial conviction by FIFA.

Siasia sues FIFA over ban, demands refund of $54k fine

In the suit filed through Nitor V. Egbarin, his counsel, the coach, who is also a US citizen, claimed his conviction by FIFA was a breach of his constitutional rights.

The football gaffer also contended that the federation lacked the powers to sanction him, adding that only the United States has the legal backing to charge him for the bribery offence.

Buttressing his point in the suit, Siasia argued that FIFA had relied on the Swiss bribery law to effect his conviction, adding that “Georgia does not criminalize commercial bribery.”

ALSO READ:  Chelsea Have Advantage Over Bayern In Champions League Last-16 Tie: Goretzka

“In convicting Siasia of bribery, FIFA relied on Swiss bribery law. If any crime was committed, only the FBI or Georgia State Police could investigate and bring charges of commercial bribery,” the suit partly read.

Siasia also claimed that FIFA did not follow due process in its investigation into the allegations against him before his eventual conviction for bribery.

“Siasia was not aware of the bribery charge for which that FIFA indicted him until FIFA published to the whole world in or around Aug. 16, 2019, FIFA’s conviction and imposition of a life ban on Siasia from using the coach license issued under the laws of the United States,” the suit added.

ALSO READ:  Jinadu Signs For West Ham

He said that FIFA’s fine and the decision to revoke his license constituted “cruel and unusual punishment” which, he claimed, “violated provisions of the eighth amendment of the US law.”

In the suit, Siasia demanded among others, the overturning of his earlier conviction, a refund of the 50,000 Swiss francs ($54,000) fine handed to him, and a reversal of his five-year coaching ban.

The former Nigerian international also demanded that FIFA pays him damages for allegedly violating his civil rights and bringing his reputation into disrepute.

Continue Reading

Sports

Sylvanus Ofekun, shut up! Minister will not resign by Tunde Badmus

Published

on

By

Sylvanus Ofekun, shut up! Minister will not resign by Tunde Badmus
Spread the love

Sylvanus Ofekun, shut up! Minister will not resign by Tunde Badmus

One of the more depressing things about living in the internet age is that anybody that has data on their phones, can string together a few sentences and has access to unscrupulous bloggers think they are suddenly authorities and can say anything to anyone. Yes, the online space is an equaliser but should this mean that people of no character and questionable origins will have the audacity to lie out rightly about upstanding and hardworking people? Has the world reached the stage where any fool will be celebrated for doing the minimum in their personal lives but have the effrontery to insult their betters? For the sake of humanity, I hope not.

Sylvanus Ofekun, a pitiable excuse of a journalist, exposed his biases and loyalties with his shameful sponsored attack piece. He showed clearly that he was part of those that plotted the embarrassment of Nigeria on the global stage simply because they wanted to a pound of flesh. He is clearly on the side of the enemies of Nigeria, who set Team Nigeria up by hiding vital information about our dear athletes in the quest to make the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Sunday Dare, look bad. Thank God that they have failed and Nigeria has done the miraculous in many ways than one at the Tokyo Olympics.

Ofekun spoke about drama in Team Nigeria. Someone should tell him that drama is nothing new. Even the International Olympics Committee (IOC) and the host, Japan, have had to deal with drama every step of the way. Barely 24 hours to the start of the event, the Creative Director of the opening ceremony was sacked. Ofekun and his sponsors can read the story here. Simone Biles, the star of Team USA, suddenly withdrew from the games, saying she could no longer trust her body.  A Belarusian sprinter refused to get on a flight from Tokyo after being taken to the airport against her wishes by her team following her complaints about her country’s coaching staff.

ALSO READ:  Edo 2020 Sports Festival: Ex Int'l Boxer's Son, 5 Others Selected To Represent Abia In Boxing

Sylvanus Ofekun, shut up! Minister will not resign by Tunde Badmus

The Olympics is organized by human beings and human interactions always bring drama. So, Ofekun, what’s new about Nigeria’s?
In his disaster of an article, Ofekun said the Minister was “earlier notified about the consequences of not carrying out three out-of-competition Doping tests on all athletes competing at the Olympics level, 8 months before the ban.” Three things are wrong with that statement. One, where is the evidence of this notification? If it was a letter, where is it? An email may be? Or was it by text message? Ofekun needs to answer. And two, how did Ofekun know about this phantom ‘notification’? Is this further evidence that he is simply the mouthpiece of the disgraced duo of Ibrahim Gusau and Sunday Adeleye? As a journalist, should Ofekun not have come to the public with that information if he had it 8 months ago? Lastly, words are important. The 10 athletes were never banned. Contrary to Ofekun’s lies, the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) has clarified that the athletes and 10 others from six countries were ineligible to compete at the Tokyo 2020 Games following their failure to test rigorously enough in the run-up to Tokyo 2020.

ALSO READ:  Barcelona Ranked World's Richest Football Club In 2021 (Full Rankings)

Ofekun and his dirty moneybags can read more here. As the Great Fela sang, “Shame to bad people!!”

Moreover, the authentic and globally recognized board of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) has publicly apologized to all Nigerians for the circumstances that led to the athletes not competing at the Tokyo Olympics. They correctly blamed Ofekun’s sponsors for the incident.
Tonobock Okowa, President of the federation, said, “As a new board, we have to take responsibility for the inaction of our predecessors (Gusau and Adeleye) and assure Nigerians that appropriate measures will always be taken at all times and in compliance with relevant World Athletics competition and anti-doping rules to protect our athletes,” he said.

But, why are we even surprised? Ofekun has always been a punch-drunk liar and has been called out on it. This is not the first time he has tried to smear the Minister’s good name. In February, the Minister petitioned Mohammed Adamu, the Inspector General of Police, to investigate Ofekun for criminal defamation. Since then, he lost his voice. But, now that he thinks the trap they set has sprung, he is back again. He failed then and has failed again.

ALSO READ:  Messi Release Clause Must Be Met — La Liga

Ofekun is merely a terrible creation of the internet age. He will be forgotten faster than yesterday’s garbage. While he is blowing the vuvuzela of his funders, the biggest surprise the come out of the Olympics, 100m Men’s Finalist, Enoch Adegoke, has the Minister, Sunday Dare, to thank for even appearing at the Tokyo Olympics at all. While they were scheming the embarrassment of their country of birth, Sunday Dare paid for the unknown home-based runner to prepare properly for the games. Through the ‘Adopt-an-Athlete’ initiative, which was conceptualized and executed by the Minister, 30 of the Tokyo Olympians got personal donations from worthy Nigerians. This is separate from the $200,000 the male and female basketball teams got. The Minister in his personal capacity believed in the 21-year-old Enoch and today he is being celebrated as one of only three Nigerians to be an Olympic Finalist.

If Ofekun’s funders had not defrauded the nation through several gimmicks, the Tokyo Olympics would have been better funded. The AFN will have to work very hard to clean up its image that has been destroyed by the thieving actions of Gusau and Adeleye. To convince sponsors will be difficult but with the savvy Sunday Dare as Minister, the future is bright. It is so bright that a billion Ofekuns cannot block it. Two medals in the kitty and more to come. Nigeria, we move!!

Sylvanus Ofekun, shut up! Minister will not resign by Tunde Badmus

Sylvanus Ofekun, shut up! Minister will not resign by Tunde Badmus

Continue Reading

Sports

Tokyo 2020: ‘You are indeed a blessing to Nigeria’ – Sunday Dare hails

Published

on

By

Tokyo 2020: ‘You are indeed a blessing to Nigeria’ – Sunday Dare hails
Spread the love

Tokyo 2020: ‘You are indeed a blessing to Nigeria’ – Sunday Dare hails

Blessing Oborodudu’s feat of qualifying for the final of the 68 kg female wrestling event of the 2020 Olympic has been described as a blessing that wiped away the pain of the near misses in other events.

Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday said; “This is Real Blessing to Nigeria. Thank you blessing for wiping away the pain of the near misses recorded in other events.

“Nigerians are proud of you. The display is typical of the never say die Nigerian spirit. Keep the tempo going until we reach the ultimate, which is the gold. Don’t give up the fight until you re-write Nigerian Olympics history with a gold medal in the kitty”

ALSO READ:  Barcelona Ranked World's Richest Football Club In 2021 (Full Rankings)

Tokyo 2020: ‘You are indeed a blessing to Nigeria’ – Sunday Dare hails

Blessing becomes Nigeria’s first medalist in Wrestling. Her qualification for the finals guarantees a gold medal or silver.

Oborodudu defeated Azerbaijan’s Elis Manolova and Meerim Zhumanazarova of Kyrgyzstan to advance to her first Olympic semi finals.

Odunayo Adekuoroye, Ese Brume and Grace Nwokocha are still in the running for medals.

Continue Reading

Trending