Connect with us

Entertainment

Actors Guild Of Nigeria Endorses Basement Search Reality TV Show

Published

on

Actors Guild Of Nigeria Endorses Basement Search Reality TV Show
Spread the love

-As Audition Train Hits Asaba On Saturday

The Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) has endorsed the Basement Search Reality TV Show, saying the project when concluded will provide new stars that can take over from the big names in the industry when the time comes.

Speaking to Oasis Magazine (OM) exclusively, National President of AGN, Emeka Rollas, who was one of the judges at the Abuja audition, said over 300 persons showed up for the audition, adding that it was eventful.

He continued: ”We closed Abuja audition at about twelve midnight. It was massive because this is the first reality TV show on film. They were not looking for musicians, dancers but were out looking out for actors,” saying this is a first-of-a-kind show.

ALSO READ:  Call it greed but I’m making more money now that I don’t need to share — Peter Okoye

According to him the organizers are capable and have intensity to drive the project, as he called on the brains behind the project to continue to maintain standards.

Speaking further, he said: ”We are in it and anyone doing anything to promote our industry must be supported and that is why we are endorsing this.”

”Our members were at the audition. This project is a welcome development,” Roland said.

Meanwhile, he called on members of AGN and all actors to support the project anyway they deem fit.

Other judges at the Abuju audition are Ali Nuhu, Sam Dede and Real Warri Pikin.

ALSO READ:  Nollywood Actor shot dead as gunmen attack Actors going to location

Abuja audition took place on Tuesday at Grand Cubana, Abuja. The audition train is expected to go round a total of 10 locations to pick potential film makers where contestants will compete for the grand prize of a brand new car and 25 million naira worth of prizes.

According to the organizers, it is a reality show where 30 housemates will be elected to the house for 42 days and movie makers will be available to develop the movie making skills of the housemates.

The winner will emerge by votes of the viewing audience at home who are expected to vote for their favourite contestant.

ALSO READ:  Comedienne, Helen Paul reportedly taking a postdoctoral study in America.

OM learnt that the essence of the programme is essentially to create fresh set of movie stars for the Nigerian film industry.

Meanwhile, on Saturday, 24th May, the audition for Asaba will hold, being the last of the 10 locations set aside for the exercise.

OM learnt that Vienna Hotel, Asaba will be the venue.

Actors Guild Of Nigeria Endorses Basement Search Reality TV ShowActors Guild Of Nigeria Endorses Basement Search Reality TV Show

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Iyabo Ojo takes legal action against actor Yomi Fabiyi, Demands 100 Million

Published

on

By

Iyabo Ojo takes legal action against actor Yomi Fabiyi, Demands 100 Million
Spread the love

Nollywood actor, Yomi Fabiyi, has reacted to the legal action taken against him by his colleague, Iyabo Ojo.

Ojo had, via her Instagram page, published a letter from her lawyers, demanding N100m as payment for damages caused by Fabiyi’s ‘defamatory publication’ during a protest held today.

Fabiyi staged a protest demanding the bail and release of Baba Ijesha who had been held by the police for allegedly molesting a minor.

In response to Ojo, Fabiyi, during an Instagram live session, said the actress cannot get a dime from him.

He further noted that Ojo cannot serve him a legal letter via social media.

ALSO READ:  Call it greed but I’m making more money now that I don’t need to share — Peter Okoye

Fabiyi said, “Where would I get N100m from? Which house do I have to sell? If you write N100m, once they bring all the people involved in the case, they would (by themselves) reduce the money to N10m. At the end of the day, they would still not get a dime from me.

“In the sense that if I refuse to collect the letter, you would keep pursuing me to collect it from you. After then, if I so wish to respond, I would only respond to whoever has a case with me.”

Ojo had demanded through her lawyers that within 14 days, Fabiyi “publishes a full retraction of the said defamatory publication on his Instagram handle for seven consecutive days and acknowledge that the allegations are false, misleading and entirely defamatory of client’s character.”

ALSO READ:  Singer Akon building Real Life Wakanda Worth $6m in Senegal

She added that the retraction and public apology must further be circulated and published by select media outlets.

The letter also demanded that Fabiyi “ceases and desists from making further, additional or fresh defamatory publications against our client on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and on any other social media, social messaging blog and/or print media outlets.

“Also, N100m must be paid as damages for the unjustifiable injury and losses occasioned by our client caused by your defamatory publication.”

Furthermore, they warned that failure to comply with the demands within 14 days would result in an initiation of legal proceedings without delay.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

See The Venue For Fight Between Anthony Joshua And Fury

Published

on

By

See The Venue For Fight Between Anthony Joshua And Fury
Spread the love

The all-British heavyweight showdown between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury is set to take place on one of the first two Saturdays in August in Saudi Arabia, according to promoter Eddie Hearn.

The bout between the two fighters, who hold all four major world titles in the division, has been on the cusp of being finalised for a number of weeks but there has still been no official announcement from either party.

Fury’s co-promoter Bob Arum recently said a fight in July or August was “dead in the water” but Hearn, who promotes Joshua, believes they are close to securing a date as well as a venue.

ALSO READ:  Call it greed but I’m making more money now that I don’t need to share — Peter Okoye

Saudi Arabia staged Joshua’s rematch against Andy Ruiz, when the Briton regained his WBA, IBF and WBO titles in December 2019, putting him on a collision course with Fury, who became the WBC champion shortly afterwards.

“August 7, August 14,” Hearn said on Sky Sports when asked about a date for Joshua-Fury. “It’s a very bad secret that the fight is happening in Saudi Arabia. I don’t mind giving that information, Bob Arum’s already done it.

“It’s the same people we did the deal with for Andy Ruiz, that event was spectacular. As partners, they were fantastic as well, so we’re very comfortable.

“We’re very comfortable. Anthony’s comfortable, he knows those people. They delivered on every one of their promises last time — we’re ready to go.”

ALSO READ:  Singer Akon building Real Life Wakanda Worth $6m in Senegal

Hearn indicated August 14 could be a more favourable date to avoid a clash with the Olympics, which are scheduled to finish six days earlier.

Joshua warned on Twitter on Monday he was “tired” of waiting around for Fury and demanded “less talk, more action” from his rival, who responded: “Come get some then you big ugly Dosser? YOUR NO TALK NO ACTION.”

Hearn added, “There’s no reason why it shouldn’t happen this week. This is kind of like the moment where you could actually turn around at this point and say ‘this is dragging on too long, or I can’t be dealing with this anymore’.

ALSO READ:  T.V Legend Larry King Lost Two Children Within Weeks

“But we have to nail this, and I’m not going to stop until I nail it, and everyone has just got to move forward collectively. It is inevitable, but at the same time, we’ve got to close the door on it.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Tacha Confirms Relationship With Kelechi Iheanacho

Published

on

By

Tacha Confirms Relationship With Kelechi Iheanacho
Spread the love

Fans Thrilled As BBNaija Tacha Confirms Relationship With Footballer Kelechi Iheanacho

Ex Big Brother Naija Pepper Dem housemate, Natacha Akide, popularly referred to as Tacha, has opened up on her relationship with the Nigerian professional footballer, Kelechi Iheanacho.

The reality star made this surprising revelation on Twitter when she applauded Iheanacho who is currently signed to Leicester for making Nigerians happy.

According to her, the Leicester striker puts smiles on the faces of Nigerians more than the Nigerian government has done.

She further suggested that Iheanacho became the President of Nigeria.

A nosy fan in reaction to Tacha’s post became suspicious that the reality star might already be having something romantic with the footballer hence her sudden interest in football.

ALSO READ:  Anthony Joshua agrees to two-fight deal with Fury

Tacha in response confirmed the fan’s suspicions.

In her words;

“Been sailing long long long ago”.

Continue Reading

Trending