Connect with us

Gossips

Delta Robbery: Armed Robbers Cart Away Millions Of Naira, Kill One, Drive DPO, Policemen Away.

Published

on

Delta Robbery: Armed Robbers Cart Away Millions Of Naira, Kill One, Drive DPO, Policemen Away.
Spread the love

More facts concerning Tuesday’s attack on the United Bank for Africa (UBA), Issele-Uku branch, headquarters of Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta state by daredevil armed robbers have emerged.

The armed robbers on Tuesday afternoon invaded the UBA bank, Issele-Uku branch, carting away millions of naira after unleashing mayhem and destroying properties.

The tension forced workers and customers around to scamper to safety.

We gathered that the bloody operation which lasted over an hour, led to the killing of a resident.

The victim was killed by a stray bullet while some others sustained bullet wounds.

A resident of the community who witnessed the incident and spoke on condition of anonymity, said the armed robbers, who invaded the bank had some of their gang members stationed at different vantage positions in the community while some of them were at the bank.

ALSO READ:  Amotekun leader, Tajudeen, is dead

“The armed robbers came well prepared. It was like an American action movie. The robbers had sophisticated weapons. Sounds of gunshots rented the entire village while the operation was on. There was panic everywhere and the police were nowhere to be found. As they were shooting sporadically, stray bullets hit someone and she died immediately and others had bullet wounds.

“Our hopes were dashed as we were counting on the police station in the town. As this was going on, we heard the the Divisional Police Officer and his men had gone into hiding somewhere else. We heard that the robbers earlier visited the police station and were searching for the DPO and his men but the police who got wind of their presence quickly took cover. The destruction at the bank was massive.

ALSO READ:  Bandits Kill 24-Year-Old Man And Other Farmers On The Kaduna-Abuja Expressway

“If I am not mistaken, three years ago, the same bank was attacked and robbed and some millions of naira were stolen. So many people, especially customers were left with serious wounds. When today’s robbery incident was going on, so many of us were calling lines made available to the public to reach out to the security outfit code named ‘Operation Delta Hawk’ that was inaugurated by Governor Ifeanyi Okowa last year, but unfortunately they never showed up till the robbers left the community.”

When contacted, the acting Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Bright Edafe, Delta State Police Command, confirmed the robbery incident, saying, “The command is already at the top of the situation. Our men are presently in the bush trailing some of the gang members who ran into the bush. For the now, we don’t have the accurate number of casualties.”

ALSO READ:  Dismissed Police Officer In Edo To Die By Hanging Over Extra-judicial Killing
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Gossips

MP Caught Naked On Zoom Is Told ‘we’ve Seen A Member Who’s In Very Good Shape’

Published

on

By

MP Caught Naked On Zoom Is Told ‘we’ve Seen A Member Who’s In Very Good Shape’
Spread the love

After more than a year of the coronavirus pandemic, most of us have become used to working from home by now.

That’s more than 12 months of video calls, being told you’re not on mute, and out-of-control arguments such as the infamous Handforth Parish Council Zoom.

But for those of us who have messed up, at least we can remind ourselves we’re not an MP…

One Canadian member of Parliament, William Amos, became Zoom’s latest victim of awkward moments when he found himself in a compromising position in front of his colleagues.

Mr Amos, who has represented the Quebec district of Pontiac since 2015, appeared on the screens of his House of Commons colleagues stark naked yesterday.

ALSO READ:  Man Who Was Set Ablaze By Girlfriend Finally Dies In Hospital

A screenshot, obtained by The Canadian Press, shows Mr Amos standing behind a desk between the Quebec and Canadian flags.

His private parts are hidden by what appears to be a mobile phone in one hand.

In a statement, Mr Amos apologised for the ‘unintentional distraction’.

A screenshot shows Mr Amos standing behind a desk between the Quebec and Canadian flags, with his private parts hidden by what appears to be a mobile phone (Picture: Parliament Canada)
‘This was an unfortunate error,’ he wrote in an email, ‘My video was accidentally turned on as I was changing into my work clothes after going for a jog.

I made a really unfortunate mistake today & obviously I’m embarrassed by it. My camera was accidentally left on as I changed into work clothes after going for a jog. I sincerely apologize to all my colleagues in the House. It was an honest mistake + it won’t happen again.

ALSO READ:  Infidelity: I Don’t Invite Strange Women Into My Matrimonial Home - Oritse Femi

William Amos

Mr Amos, who is the parliamentary secretary to Industry Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne, was visible only to Parliament members and staffers on an internal video conference feed.

Because he was not speaking, his image did not show up on the feed which could be watched by the public.

Claude DeBellefeuille, a legislator for the opposition Bloc Quebecois party, suggested in a point of order that parliamentary decorum requires male Parliament members to wear a jacket and tie — and a shirt, underwear and trousers.

MP Caught Naked On Zoom Is Told ‘we’ve Seen A Member Who’s In Very Good Shape’

MP Caught Naked On Zoom Is Told ‘we’ve Seen A Member Who’s In Very Good Shape’

MP Caught Naked On Zoom Is Told ‘we’ve Seen A Member Who’s In Very Good Shape’

Continue Reading

Gossips

Gunmen kidnapped a 13-year-old boy in Osun State

Published

on

By

Unknown gunmen have kidnapped a 13-year-old boy identified as Gbolahan Ajibola, in Obada-Odo, Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State.  
Spread the love

Unknown gunmen have kidnapped a 13-year-old boy identified as Gbolahan Ajibola, in Obada-Odo, Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State.
 
It was gathered that the gunmen numbering six and said to be on military uniform, invaded Destiny Estate Community Association in Obada-Oko around 9:15 pm on Saturday, April 10, shot sporadically in the air before whisking the boy away.
 
The victim, his mother, and grandmother were returning from their shop after attending a programme at Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) when the incident happened.
 
The gunmen, who were hiding in a nearby bush close to the victim’s house, ambushed the family when Ajibola alighted from his mother’s car to open the gate. They reportedly beat both the victim’s mother, Bisi Ajibola, and the grandmother to pulp before whisking the boy away.
 
PUNCH reported that the kidnappers later contacted the family and demanded a sum of N50 million before the boy would be released from their captivity.
 
Speaking to newsmen, the victim’s grandmother, Victoria, said she was still in shock as the gunmen beat her thoroughly, not minding her old age.
 
“The incident occurred around 9.30 pm. We normally come back home every day around 8 pm, but, the General Overseer of our church, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, came to one of our churches in Adigbe area and we attended the programme,” she narrated.
 
“Our shop where we were selling goods is very close to the church, we closed from the shop late. Whenever we come back home, it is the boy that usually opens the gate. When the boy alighted from the vehicle to open the gate, the gunmen came out of the bush in front of our house and pounced on us,”
 
“The gunmen entered together with us into the compound of our house, two of them were outside, while four came into the house and pointed their guns at us. They also beat us mercilessly. One of them who covered his face spoke in Yoruba to us, he was the only person that spoke. They seized the boy’s phone and that of her mother and they took the boy away.

ALSO READ:  Man sues police for holding him naked at gunpoint during home search
Continue Reading

Gossips

Nigerian Minister, Isa Pantami On US watch List

Published

on

By

I have been preaching against Boko Haram for 15 years - Isa Pantami
Spread the love

The minister is said to be a very close confidant of the late Mohammed Yusuf, the assassinated leader of Boko Haram with whom he shared jihadist doctrines

The minister of digital communications in Nigeria, Alhaji Isa Pantami has fallen on the watchlist of the America’s Intelligence service. Pantami, also serves as the deputy secretary general of the Supreme Sharia Council in Nigeria.

This former student of Salafist ideologies was trained in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East with other top Islamic jihadists.

ALSO READ:  Dismissed Police Officer In Edo To Die By Hanging Over Extra-judicial Killing
Continue Reading

Trending