Connect with us

Gossips

Why Aisha Buhari Returned To Nigeria After Months In Dubai

Published

on

Why Aisha Buhari Returned To Nigeria After Months In Dubai
Spread the love

The return of Nigeria’s First Lady, Aisha Buhari, to Aso Rock Villa from the United Arab Emirates last Thursday was partly due to the ailment of a top member of the cabal in President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, Mamman Daura.

Daura has long been viewed as the leader of a powerful cabal or ‘powerful kitchen cabinet’ alleged to have hijacked the Buhari presidency since he came to power.

SaharaReporters learnt from Presidency sources that 81-year-old Daura, who is Buhari’s nephew, is now partially paralysed on the left side and managing his health presently in Kaduna.

SaharaReporters further gathered that the First Lady returned to the country, believing that Aso Villa was more secure with Daura out of the way and managing his health away from the State House.

It was also learnt that with Daura out of Aso Villa and less active, the power tussle in the Villa would be reduced and the place would be more conducive for her, although she still has a young man, Sabiu, alias Tunde “Idiagbon” to contend with.

ALSO READ:  EndSARS Lekki Shooting: Nigerians React As Today Marks 100 Days Of Massacre

Aisha returned last Thursday after spending about six months in the UAE. Buhari reportedly made her last known public appearance in September 2020 during the wedding of her daughter, Hanan.

Since then, she had conspicuously been absent from government activities and also stopped posting on social media platforms.

“Mamman Daura is sick. He is partially paralysed on the left side and managing his health in Kaduna State. It is partially the reason madam returned from Dubai because with the man out of the villa and less active, she knows she can take on Tunde Sabiu. She feels more secured,” the source stated.

SaharaReporters had on December 15, 2020, that the First Lady had been in Dubai since September after the wedding of her daughter, Hanan.

ALSO READ:  Leah Sharibu Gives Birth To Second Baby In Boko Haram Captivity

It had been also reported that the First Lady was not in a hurry to return, despite now spending over five months, as she reportedly stated that the Aso Villa was not secure for her family.

This is especially with a shooting incident which occurred in June 2020, and caused some panic among occupants of the Villa.

The First Lady and Daura’s daughter, Fatima, had an altercation in the villa in October 2019 which was videoed by the latter and later went viral.

The First Lady had admitted that she was angry in the video and went overboard because the Dauras were becoming overbearing in the Villa.

Fatima had also accused the First Lady of attacking her at the Villa.

In her reaction to the video, Aisha had said Mamman Daura’s daughter, Fatima, laughed at her and mocked her inside Aso Rock.

ALSO READ:  Panic As Kidnappers Attack Ambulance Carrying Corpse To Enugu At Benin

During an interview with BBC Hausa, Aisha explained the circumstances behind the video, saying, “I was the one in that video and this person you see standing at my back are my security personnel.

“It was Fatima, the daughter of Mamman Daura that shot the video in front of my security and everybody there. She was actually recording the whole thing right in front of me and was laughing and mocking me.

“They did that because my husband sacked them from the house. He told them to get all their belongings and leave the house for my son (Yusuf) to occupy.

“I left them and wanted to get to one of the rooms but they prevented me from getting through, I left them and took another way yet I met the store locked.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Gossips

Hiny Umoren’s killer Is Not Dead- Akwa Ibom CP

Published

on

By

Hiny Umoren’s killer Is Not Dead- Akwa Ibom CP
Spread the love

The Commissioner for Police in Akwa Ibom state, Andrew Amiengheme, has dismissed reports claiming that Mr Uduak Ezekiel Akpan, the suspected killer of job seeker, Miss Iniubong Umoren, committed suicide in its police custody.

Reports that 20-year Akpan, who allegedly lured Miss Umoren with a job offer and subsequently raped and killed her, had committed suicide, was rife online today.

The reports claim that he committed suicide with his trousers tied to metal after having his meal.

Dismissing the report, the state police boss in an interview with The Nation, said

”It is not true that Uduak Akpan has committed suicide. The suspect is in our custody. Maybe he committed suicide in the bedrooms of those peddling the rumour.”

Continue Reading

Gossips

I’m Snatching Someone’s Boyfriend Before Summer – Princess Shyngle

Published

on

By

I’m Snatching Someone’s Boyfriend Before Summer – Princess Shyngle
Spread the love

I’m Snatching Someone’s Boyfriend Before Summer – Princess Shyngle

“I’m snatching someone’s bf before summer 😂🤣 feel free to snatch him back after summer 🤣😂 #just4jokes #tiktok“, she wrote.

Gambian-born Ghanaian actress, Princess Shyngle shared one of her Tiktok videos on her Instagram page and wrote as caption:

ALSO READ:  Infidelity: I Don’t Invite Strange Women Into My Matrimonial Home - Oritse Femi
Continue Reading

Gossips

We Will Keep Baba Ijesha Until JUSUN Resumes, Police Tell Protesters

Published

on

By

We Will Keep Baba Ijesha Until JUSUN Resumes, Police Tell Protesters
Spread the love

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, has said the continuous detention of Nollywood actor, Olanrewaju Omiyinka, aka Baba Ijesha, is based on legal advice from the Directorate of Public Prosecutions in the state Ministry of Justice.

He also said the actor would not be released until the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria called off its nationwide strike and the courts resumed so that he could be arraigned.

Odumosu stated these in reaction to Wednesday’s protest by Omiyinka’s colleague, Yomi Fabiyi, and others, who demonstrated at the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Panti, Yaba, to demand his release on bail.

He said based on the legal advice, a prima facie case had been established against Omiyinka, adding that the thespian’s continued detention was based on the DPP’s advice.

Odumosu said, “When they got the SCIID today (Wednesday), they were advised by the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the SCIID, and he told them that we have done our work and sought legal advice from the Ministry of Justice and the advice was that we should still keep him in our custody.

ALSO READ:  Man hacks his girlfriend with a cutlass over food in Imo State

“When we concluded our investigation, we forwarded our report to the ministry for legal advice. The ministry advised us through the Office of the Public Defender. The legal advice was that there was a prima facie case established against him and some sections of the law were quoted in the advice. So, the advice was that he should still remain in our custody and to be charged for that.”

Odumosu said the ministry might review its position concerning Omiyinka’s detention if the JUSUN strike continues indefinitely, adding that a new arrangement had been made in the state for courts to sit three times a week.

ALSO READ:  Panic As Kidnappers Attack Ambulance Carrying Corpse To Enugu At Benin

The CP said, “Regarding the JUSUN strike, they agreed to be working for three days and striking for two days. They will go on strike on Monday and Tuesday, while the courts will sit on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

“It was our hope that they would work on Wednesday, but coincidentally, Wednesday and Thursday are public holidays. But if the courts continue to remain shut, the Ministry of Justice may further review the report. But right now, we are relying on the advice of the ministry.”

Omiyinka has been in detention since he was arrested for alleged sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl, who is in the care of a comedienne, Adekola Adekoya, aka Princess.

During the demonstration on Wednesday, the protesters demanded that Omiyinka should be released on bail.

ALSO READ:  Woman Kidnaps Her Married Lover's 3-Month-Old Baby in Ondo

Fabiyi, who led the demonstration, said he was not in support of the allegations levelled against Omiyinka, but noted that what he was clamouring for was for his fundamental human rights to be respected.

He also condemned re-traumatising the victim in a bid to gather evidence, explaining that such a measure would have negative implications on society.

Addressing the protesters, DCP Adegoke Fayoade, who is in charge of the SCIID, stated that the ongoing strike by judiciary workers had impeded Baba Ijesha’s arraignment.

“Baba Ijesha’s case, as we are aware, has gone to the DPP. And the DPP has advised us on what to do. What we are waiting for is for the courts to resume; as soon as the courts resume, we will arraign him,” he said.

Continue Reading

Trending