Connect with us

Biafra

After The Orlu Airstrike, Man Asks “Did ESN Really Shoot Down The Nigerian Helicopter?” See Reaction

Published

on

After The Orlu Airstrike, Man Asks "Did ESN Really Shoot Down The Nigerian Helicopter?" See Reaction
Spread the love

Barely 24hours since a report from Sahara Reporters confirmed that there was tension in Orlu Community in Imo State after the Nigerian military fighter jets were alleged to have been deployed by the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Air Force to conduct aerial strikes in Orlu, there’s another rumour on social media that the fighter jet was shot down by the Eastern Security Network.

However, this has led to many people asking questions about what’s going on in Orlu between the Nigerian Army and the ESN. In that regard a Twitter user identified as Ugochukwu asked if truly the fighter jet was brought down in flames as seen in photos posted on social media.

ALSO READ:  Abia no more God’s Own State, but Miyetti Allah Cattle Market ― Nnamdi Kanu

“Nwanne, did ESN really shoot down the Nigerian helicopter? I want to be sure before saying.”
After The Orlu Airstrike, Man Asks "Did ESN Really Shoot Down The Nigerian Helicopter?" See Reaction

As a matter of fact, it was gathered that the airstrikes started on Thursday noon, and it was in a bid for the Nigerian Army to dislodge the Eastern Security Network operatives as earlier established by Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the proscribed IPOB. The ESN is believed to have strongholds in the forests.

It could be to recall that earlier in January, there was a report from Sahara reporters that the ESN operatives had a bloody clash with the Nigerian Army from Obinze barracks, where four soldiers were reportedly killed. Since that incident occurred, the people of Orlu have been living in fear of the unknown with rising tension in the communities.

ALSO READ:  Biafra agitators are mad people - Uma Ukpai

Meanwhile, a community head who spoke with newsmen made it clear that the Nigerian Army are probably looking for the ESN operatives who are said to be cracking down on the activities of killer Fulani herdsmen.

According to another resident of Orlu, Sahara reporters gathered that “People’s homes and marketplaces may be affected. We don’t need aircraft in Orlu. They should go and find the stolen school pupils in Niger State,” angry resident said.

See other people’s reactions to the report hours after the alleged airstrikes in Orlu below;

After The Orlu Airstrike, Man Asks "Did ESN Really Shoot Down The Nigerian Helicopter?" See Reaction

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Biafra

The Only Time The S-East Govs Spoke Was To Condemn Nnamdi Kanu

Published

on

By

The Only Time The S-East Govs Spoke Was To Condemn Nnamdi Kanu
Spread the love

The only time South East governors make statements on national issues is to condemn Nnamdi Kanu.

If they had done the needful, there would not be Nnamdi Kanu in the first place.

Nnamdi Kanu started agitating for Biafra because the so called South East governors failed to speak for Igbos.

Nnamdi Kanu established Eastern Security Network (ESN) because South East governors failed to establish regional security outfit.

– Second Republic Minister Under Defunct Republic Chief Mbazulike BLASTS IGBO Governors Amaechi

ALSO READ:  Resign Instead Of Arresting Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu Warns Oyo CP, Ngozi
Continue Reading

Biafra

Attacks On Police Station: IPOB Taking Separatist Struggle To Extreme – Igbo Group

Published

on

By

Attacks On Police Station: IPOB Taking Separatist Struggle To Extreme – Igbo Group
Spread the love

Some respected Igbo elders who operate under the aegis of Conference of Concerned Igbo Elders for Peace and National Unity, has criticized the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) for recent attacks on police station in Abia State, which resulted in the death of two officers and burning of the station.

According to the Igbo Group, IPOB is gradually over stretching its luck by taking its struggle too far, engaging in indiscriminate destruction of lives and property.

They called on relevant authorities to deal decisively with the separatist group, insisting that the current level of force being deployed may not be enough to curb their violent excesses.

According to the elders, decisive force was required at this time, considering recent events, which suggest that IPOB was determined to undermine security and peace in the South East, which is an integral part of the country.

To buttress their point, the Igbo elders drew attention to the attack on security operatives within the Orlu council of Imo State, warning that the proscribed group may likely carry out more daring attacks, unless urgent action was taken to deter them.

ALSO READ:  Rivers Residents groan as military continues operation against IPOB in Oyigbo

Recall that accusing fingers have pointed to IPOB as being behind Tuesday’s attack on Abayi police station in Aba, Osisioma Ngwa local council of Abia State, which resulted in the death of two police officers and burning of the station.

While condemning the violent campaigns of members of the separatist group, the elders called on Igbo sons and daughters at home and in the diaspora,to dissociate themselves from the group, with a view to sending a strong message across, that IPOB does not represent the views of Ndigbo.

They reminded the public that the IPOB remained a “terrorist organisation”, having regard to an order of a federal high court in Abuja, which proscribed its activities, at the instance of a request by the federal government.

In a statement on Friday, which was jointly signed by its National President, Mazi Prof William Okocha,and National Secretary, Barr Miss Irene Chizoba, the group threw its weight behind the call by Ohanaeze Ndigbo for a review of the recent appointment of Service Chiefs by President Muhammadu Buhari.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria Is A Country Without Soul Nor Conscience - Nnamdi Kanu

While harping on the application of federal character principle in making sensitive appointments, the concerned Igbo elders decried what they considered was growing exclusion of the South East in national affairs.

The statement reads in part: “We use this opportunity to call on the military and other concerned authorities to bring the full weight of the law to bear on the Nnamdi Kanu-led Indigenous People of Biafra, in a manner that will ensure the restoration of permanent peace and order to the South East region.

“As respected elders committed to national unity, peace and cohesion, we rise in condemnation of the violent activities of IPOB, which we hasten to note, are not a representation of the Igbo.

“Ndigbo are peace-loving and peace-building people, whose commitment to the national cause is irrevocable, regardless of the negative tendencies of a few deviants, who have constituted themselves into cogs in the wheel of progress.

“Now is, therefore, the time for all well-meaning Igbo sons and daughters, to condemn the wicked activities of IPOB, to drive home the point that they do not have our endorsement – tacit or open.

ALSO READ:  Twelve (12) IPOB Activists Regains Freedom

“How long shall we allow IPOB to lead this campaign of destruction against our collective will, before we rise against them with all our might and strength?

“While the dust raised by their attack on security operatives within Orlu and its environs was yet to settle, we woke up on Tuesday to witness the mindless attack on Abayi police station in Aba, Osisioma Ngwa local council of Abia State, which claimed the lives of two officers.

“Apart from IPOB, we also want to raise serious concerns over the continued exclusion of our zone from national issues, the latest being the non-consideration of any military officer of Igbo extraction for appointment as Service Chief.

“The Conference of Concerned Igbo Elders for Peace and National Unity observes that this trend has been amplified under the current administration in the country”.

Continue Reading

Biafra

God is angry with FG for proscribing IPOB, negotiating with armed herdsmen – Bishop Udeh

Published

on

By

Bishop udeh on IPOB
Spread the love

God is angry with FG for proscribing IPOB, negotiating with armed herdsmen – Bishop Udeh

“it pains me that the Federal government had continued to allow herdsmen to be armed with dangerous weapons “with which they attack innocent and unarmed citizens and still go scot-free, adding, it is ridiculous that government is unable to block the source of their arms and ammunition and yet declare these armed herdsmen a terrorist group and be treated as such”.

“Look at the way the Fulani herdsmen terrorize the Southern part of Nigeria including the South East and their mission is to Islamize the country. We all know that but it can’t work out. I assure them that the God of Ndigbo and God of Israel will strike all those who are behind that action”.

ALSO READ:  Rivers Residents groan as military continues operation against IPOB in Oyigbo

” I will draw the hands of God and as it was in the days of Nebuchadnezzar who was punished because of his atrocities so shall it be again in our generation. The God of Heaven has never changed and can never change. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is still alive and He will never allow them to Islamize this country as they have planned,”, the Bishop declared.

The General Overseer of Mount Zion Faith Global Liberation Ministries, Inc., a.k.a By Fire By Fire, Nnewi, Anambra State, Bishop Abraham Chris Udeh said.

Continue Reading

Trending