Connect with us

Gossips

About 200 Girls Defiled In Gombe In One Year

Published

on

About 200 Girls Defiled In Gombe In One Year
Spread the love

At least 200 defilement cases were recorded in Gombe State in 2020, the state Commissioner for Internal Security and Ethical Orientation, Dauda Dauda, has said.

Dauda who disclosed this in a chat with journalists on Saturday, disclosed that 40 out of the cases were reported in Gombe, the state capital, adding that the state recorded 39 attempted rape across its 11 local government areas.

He lamented that most of the cases were incest, involving fathers and their children.

The commissioner also stated that 10 kidnap cases were recorded in the state between 2020 and now, adding that investigation revealed that the kidnappings were perpetrated by criminals from the neighbouring Adamawa and Taraba states.

ALSO READ:  Sex Party: El-Rufai's Son's House Should Also Be Demolished - Reno Omokri

He said, “Thirty seven were arrested for unnatural (gay and lesbianism) offences, 61 for act of gross indecency and three cases of abandoned children were recorded in 2020.”

He stressed that gender-based violence had been recognised as a human rights abuse “that leads to high rate of mortality.”

Batari, who is also a security expert, explained that the state government had set up a security strategic plan to consider, “what should be done to ensure that Gombe is secured.”

He added, “We have also sent the bill for the establishment of the State Security and Environmental Corps to the state Assembly for ratification.”

ALSO READ:  Man hacks his girlfriend with a cutlass over food in Imo State

Upon approval, he said it would be domesticated at every of the 114 wards in the state, adding that leadership in the ministry had set up a 24-hour toll-free Security Information Centre to attend to emergency criminal cases.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Gossips

Hiny Umoren’s killer Is Not Dead- Akwa Ibom CP

Published

on

By

Hiny Umoren’s killer Is Not Dead- Akwa Ibom CP
Spread the love

The Commissioner for Police in Akwa Ibom state, Andrew Amiengheme, has dismissed reports claiming that Mr Uduak Ezekiel Akpan, the suspected killer of job seeker, Miss Iniubong Umoren, committed suicide in its police custody.

Reports that 20-year Akpan, who allegedly lured Miss Umoren with a job offer and subsequently raped and killed her, had committed suicide, was rife online today.

The reports claim that he committed suicide with his trousers tied to metal after having his meal.

Dismissing the report, the state police boss in an interview with The Nation, said

”It is not true that Uduak Akpan has committed suicide. The suspect is in our custody. Maybe he committed suicide in the bedrooms of those peddling the rumour.”

Continue Reading

Gossips

I’m Snatching Someone’s Boyfriend Before Summer – Princess Shyngle

Published

on

By

I’m Snatching Someone’s Boyfriend Before Summer – Princess Shyngle
Spread the love

I’m Snatching Someone’s Boyfriend Before Summer – Princess Shyngle

“I’m snatching someone’s bf before summer 😂🤣 feel free to snatch him back after summer 🤣😂 #just4jokes #tiktok“, she wrote.

Gambian-born Ghanaian actress, Princess Shyngle shared one of her Tiktok videos on her Instagram page and wrote as caption:

ALSO READ:  Man hacks his girlfriend with a cutlass over food in Imo State
Continue Reading

Gossips

We Will Keep Baba Ijesha Until JUSUN Resumes, Police Tell Protesters

Published

on

By

We Will Keep Baba Ijesha Until JUSUN Resumes, Police Tell Protesters
Spread the love

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, has said the continuous detention of Nollywood actor, Olanrewaju Omiyinka, aka Baba Ijesha, is based on legal advice from the Directorate of Public Prosecutions in the state Ministry of Justice.

He also said the actor would not be released until the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria called off its nationwide strike and the courts resumed so that he could be arraigned.

Odumosu stated these in reaction to Wednesday’s protest by Omiyinka’s colleague, Yomi Fabiyi, and others, who demonstrated at the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Panti, Yaba, to demand his release on bail.

He said based on the legal advice, a prima facie case had been established against Omiyinka, adding that the thespian’s continued detention was based on the DPP’s advice.

Odumosu said, “When they got the SCIID today (Wednesday), they were advised by the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the SCIID, and he told them that we have done our work and sought legal advice from the Ministry of Justice and the advice was that we should still keep him in our custody.

ALSO READ:  Abducted Zamfara School Girls Released (pictures)

“When we concluded our investigation, we forwarded our report to the ministry for legal advice. The ministry advised us through the Office of the Public Defender. The legal advice was that there was a prima facie case established against him and some sections of the law were quoted in the advice. So, the advice was that he should still remain in our custody and to be charged for that.”

Odumosu said the ministry might review its position concerning Omiyinka’s detention if the JUSUN strike continues indefinitely, adding that a new arrangement had been made in the state for courts to sit three times a week.

ALSO READ:  Man hacks his girlfriend with a cutlass over food in Imo State

The CP said, “Regarding the JUSUN strike, they agreed to be working for three days and striking for two days. They will go on strike on Monday and Tuesday, while the courts will sit on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

“It was our hope that they would work on Wednesday, but coincidentally, Wednesday and Thursday are public holidays. But if the courts continue to remain shut, the Ministry of Justice may further review the report. But right now, we are relying on the advice of the ministry.”

Omiyinka has been in detention since he was arrested for alleged sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl, who is in the care of a comedienne, Adekola Adekoya, aka Princess.

During the demonstration on Wednesday, the protesters demanded that Omiyinka should be released on bail.

ALSO READ:  DNA SAGA: Man beheads wife after DNA result of six kids

Fabiyi, who led the demonstration, said he was not in support of the allegations levelled against Omiyinka, but noted that what he was clamouring for was for his fundamental human rights to be respected.

He also condemned re-traumatising the victim in a bid to gather evidence, explaining that such a measure would have negative implications on society.

Addressing the protesters, DCP Adegoke Fayoade, who is in charge of the SCIID, stated that the ongoing strike by judiciary workers had impeded Baba Ijesha’s arraignment.

“Baba Ijesha’s case, as we are aware, has gone to the DPP. And the DPP has advised us on what to do. What we are waiting for is for the courts to resume; as soon as the courts resume, we will arraign him,” he said.

Continue Reading

Trending