Connect with us

News

Boko Haram Attack Gujba Town, Burn Hospital, School, Others

Published

on

Boko Haram Attack Gujba Town, Burn Hospital, School, Others
Spread the love

BY HUSSAINI JIRGI

A group of suspected Boko Haram members yesterday unleashed mayhem in Gubja local government area of Yobe state.

LEADERSHIP Sunday reports that a primary school, hospital and cars were set ablaze during the attack. It was gathered that the attackers invaded the town and set some government structures on fire.

A resident, who confirmed the incident to LEADERSHIP Sunday on condition of anonymity, said that, “They (the insurgents) invaded Gujba through Borno village before wreaking havoc on the town.”

Residents, who had retired into their homes due to the chilly harmattan weather were forced to flee into the bushes as the gunmen stormed the town, shooting sporadically.

ALSO READ:  Child Right Petitions Police To Investigate Lady's Viral Nude Photo With Her Seven-year-old Son.

Another resident, who spoke to LEADERSHIP Sunday from Gujba town on condition of anonymity, said the gunmen set fire on a hospital and primary school, and waited until it burnt down before they left.

A competent source also said that they carted away one Hilux and one ambulance belonging to a Non-governmental Organisation (NGOs) before setting the government structures ablaze.

Another resident added that the insurgents stole one Hilux belonging to the local security personnel and other valuables from the residents’ houses during the evening attack.

A resident, who identified herself as Ali Buba, said the attackers walked to the town after keeping their motorcycles at a nearby town, which had been deserted following multiple attacks.

ALSO READ:  ‘No Man Born Of A Woman Can Resist Me’ -Lady Brags

“The situation is pathetic and the town has been thrown into mourning after losing some security personnel, even as the gunmen looted foodstuffs from the town”.

A resident called on the public to cooperate with the military, while appealing to the government for improved security as more villages are attacked.

LEADERSHIP Sunday gathered that the casualties could not be ascertained at the time of filing this report.

“As at the time of filing this report, no official statement, both from security personnel and civilians”.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Wike Donates N500 Million To Support Rebuilding Of Sokoto Central Market

Published

on

By

Wike Donates N500 Million To Support Rebuilding Of Sokoto Central Market
Spread the love

FLASH: Governor Nyesom Wike earlier today announced the donation of N500million to the Sokoto State Government to support the rebuilding of the Sokoto Central Market.

Gov. Nyesom Wike of Rivers on Wednesday donated N500 million to support the Sokoto State Government in rebuilding the Sokoto Central Market ravaged by fire on Tuesday morning.

Wike who visited the scene of the market inferno barely 24 hours after the disaster, expressed shock and dismay over the incident.

Gov. Aminu Tambuwal ’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Malam Muhammad Bello , disclosed this in a statement in Sokoto on Wednesday.

The Rivers governor said part of the donation was to also support the victims of the inferno.
He noted that whatever affected Sokoto state concerned Rivers, adding that his administration would ensure that the affected market was reconstructed and made functional.

ALSO READ:  ‘No Man Born Of A Woman Can Resist Me’ -Lady Brags

Earlier, Tambuwal, while conducting Wike round the fire disaster scene, explained that the market had 16,000 shops out of which at least 60 per cent were affected by the fire.
He said when the fire broke out the relevant state government agencies and those of the Federal Government within the state were mobilised to control it.
After inspecting the scene, Wike and his entourage also paid a courtesy visit to the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar in his palace.

He condoled with the state government, the Sultanate Council and the people over the death of the state Commissioner for Home Affairs, Alhaji Abdulkadir Abubakar , the younger brother of the Sultan.

ALSO READ:  ‘We Are Sorry’: Osinbajo Apologises To Nigerians As #EndSARS Protests Continue

In his response, Abubakar, who noted the age-long relationship between Sokoto and Rivers, expressed gratitude to the governor for his visit and support to the state
He commended Tambuwal for his prudent management of the state resources, a performance which fetched it a World Bank grant under the State Fiscal Transparency, Accountability And Sustainability (SFTAS) programme.

Continue Reading

News

Nigerian Airforce Apologies For Using Old Photos As Images Of Marte’s Battle

Published

on

By

Nigerian Airforce Apologies For Using Old Photos As Images Of Marte's Battle
Spread the love

The Nigerian Airforce have apologised for using old photos as images of Marte’s battle, CHRYSORA MEDIA reports.

In the early hours of Tuesday, SAHARA REPORTERS called out on the Nigerian Airforce reporting that they placed old photos as images of marte’s.

CHRYSORA MEDIA on investigation realised that SAHARA REPORTERS were right. Early this Morning we discovered that the Nigerian Airforce have apologized for the costly mistake.

According to the tweet released by the airforce twitter handle below

(1/4) Our attention has been drawn to the inclusion of some erroneous pictures amongst those posted earlier on the terrorists’ gun trucks & other vehicles destroyed by the Air Task Force of Operation LAFIYA DOLE (ATF OPLD) at Marte on 15/16 January 2021

(2/4) On further investigation, it has been discovered that the pictures sent from the OPLD Theatre inadvertently included a few pictures from other encounters with terrorist elements. The error is highly regretted.

(3/4) The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) wishes to state that the inclusion of the pictures was not deliberate & does not take anything away from the huge success of the air operation that dealt a decisive blow on the terrorists as shown in the widely circulated video.

(4/4)Most of the pictures earlier circulated were indeed from the recent successful air strikes at Marte. The few erroneous pictures have now been expunged & all pictures here are those from the “Battle of Marte”. Thank you for your understanding and continued support for the NAF

ALSO READ:  Coronavirus: President Buhari shuts down Lagos, Abuja, Ogun
Continue Reading

News

Nimc Arrests Illegal NIN enrollment centre operators in Kano

Published

on

By

Nimc Arrests Illegal NIN enrollment centre operators in Kano
Spread the love

The National Identity Management Commission has busted some illegal centres carrying out registration for the National Identity Number in Kano State.

Operators of the centres were arrested during a raid by NIMC officials who handed them over to the police for investigation.

Some of the items found at the centres include NIMC slips, fake plastic ID cards and other documents belonging to the NIMC which shouldn’t be found under the custody of any other person.

In a video uploaded on the official Twitter handle of the NIMC, the Commission’s legal officer in Kano said the operation was done in conjunction with a team from Abuja.

ALSO READ:  ANAMBRA: GROUPS CAMPAIGN AGAINST, RAPE, VIOLENCE AND OTHER RELATED CRIMES AMONG YOUTHS

He said, “We went around Kano together to check for illegal operations that were going on in some places, more particularly business centres and some cafes. We thank God that we made some arrests in about three centres.

“We gathered so many exhibits and evidence and we have taken them to the police station where the matter is being investigated.

“Part of the documents that we recovered are NIMC slips, fake plastic ID cards and some other documents belonging to NIMC that are not supposed to be under the custody of anybody, but unfortunately, we found them under the custody of these business centre operators.”

ALSO READ:  Child Right Petitions Police To Investigate Lady's Viral Nude Photo With Her Seven-year-old Son.

The legal officer added that the operators of the illegal centres will be taken to court when the investigation is concluded.

He said, “In fact, the investigation is almost concluded. The FIR has been raised by the police.”

Continue Reading

Trending