Four officials of the Coalition of Northern Groups were on Friday detained by the Department of State Services.
Nastura Ashir Sharif, Balarabe Rufai, Aminu Adam and Dr Muhammad Nawaila were invited by Nigeria’s secret police while concluding an arrangement for a peaceful protest on the killings in the Northern part of the country.
The group had issued a statement notifying the public of their intention to occupy all the 19 Northern states and the National Assembly.
CNG’s spokesman, Abdulazeez Suleiman, in a statement on Saturday said the group will go ahead with protest despite what he described as an attempt to suppress their rights.
“#EndInsecurityNow protests against the rampant killings in Northern Nigeria and displacement of hundreds of communities has come under intense pressure and intimidation in the last few hours by the DSS which is hell bent on suppressing the tearful voice of the Northerner.
“The development saw officials of the CNG Nastura Ashir Sharif, Balarabe Rufai, Aminu Adam and Dr Muhammad Nawaila being invited by the DSS in Kano where they were held from 11pm Friday to 2:15am Saturday.
“Throughout their stay at the DSS office, they were incommunicado not answering calls on their phones and not returning the same. We are on the alert.”
Police Set To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) is to kick start the recently created Special Weapons and Tactics Teams (SWAT) Unit with 1,850 operatives in the states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory FCT Abuja any time from now, a credible source at the Force Headquarters, revealed this to Tribune Online.
The source said that already, Commissioners of Police in the 36 States and the Federal Capital Territory, (FCT) Command have been directed to submit 50 names of personnel per state for the scheme.
The source further revealed that the CPs were strictly advised that no former member of the defunct SARS should be included on the list and that “the nominees should not have any pending or decided disciplinary case (s) and must be of impeccable character.”
A letter with reference number CB:4770/YBS/ SHQ /SUB.1/89 dated 14 October, 2020 and signed by the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Admin) in Yobe State directed Police Area Commanders, Divisional Police officers and Officers in-charge to release the affected officers serving in their formations.
The letter titled: “Training of Nigeria Police Special Weapons and Tactics Teams (SWAT) to replace the disbanded Special AntiRobbery Squad (SARS),” says: “The Commissioner of Police warn and release the affected officers serving in your formations/Divisions to report at SHQ Damaturu on Friday 16 October, 2020 by 0800hrs prompt for CP’s briefing.”
On the document were 50 names of police officers made up of two Chief Superintendents of Police (CSPs), two Superintendents of Police, four Deputy Superintendents of Police (DS P), five Assistant Superintendents of Police (ASP), three Inspectors, 30 sergeants and four corporals.
The source said that all necessary arrangements had been concluded to ensure the immediate take-off of the training and formal launching of the new Security outfit by the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar Adamu Though efforts to get the reaction of the Force Public Relations Officer, FPRO, Frank Mba, a Deputy Commissioner of Police DCP, over the development proved abortive, however another Senior Police Officer at the Force Headquarters in Abuja confirmed the story.
According to him, “yes, we are commencing the training of SWAT Operatives anytime from now, each State Police Command and the FCT has been mandated to submit 50 names for the take-off of the pilot scheme, we are good to go now.”
‘We Are Sorry’: Osinbajo Apologises To Nigerians As #EndSARS Protests Continue
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has apologized to Nigerians and admits the Federal Government could have “moved faster” in addressing the demands of #EndSARS protesters.
“Dear Nigerians, I know that many of you are angry, and understandably so. We could’ve moved faster and for this we are sorry,” he said in a series of tweets on his handle late Friday.
“I fully understand how many young people feel. Many feel that we have been too silent and have simply not done enough. These feelings of frustration are justified.”
According to him, “There are far too many people who have been brutalized at the hands of the police and this is unacceptable.
“We must take responsibility for protecting young people, even sometimes from those who are paid to protect them.”
He also believes the protests rocking the country goes beyond agitations about the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
“They’re deep and systemic and we’re undertaking comprehensive measures that will revamp the police by addressing issues of welfare, service conditions, and training,” he explained.
According to the former University of Lagos lecturer, meetings have been held with several stakeholders in the country with a view to addressing the demands of the youths who are championing the protests.
“We understand that you want to see action from us and I’m here to tell you that work is ongoing,” the Vice President noted. “I chaired a meeting of 36 state governors and the Minister of the FCT (NEC), where we resolved to set up judicial panels of inquiry so we can see justice served, and fast.
“The reason being that only state governors, by law, can set up judicial inquiries in their states. The hearings will be public.”
While reiterating the disbandment of SARS, he assured that officers from the unit will not be part of any tactical squad.
Osinbajo equally commiserated with the “families of Jimoh Isiaq, and all those who have lost their lives at the hands of wayward police officers. To those injured, I wish a full and speedy recovery.
“We have proposed that each state government set up a Victims’ Support Fund, which will support. This is the least that we can do to compensate for the injustice suffered at the hands of errant officers.”
PAGE 5: THE RETURN OF CSP JAMES NWAFOR’S AWKUZU SARS
THANKS TO WILLIE OBIANO.
Faced with no complainant and to release us will be a fatal embarrassment to Peter Obi because of his haste in demolishing UPPER CLASS HOTEL, James called up Dr Justin Nwankwo and myself one morning for court.
Like I stated earlier, we were charged for killing one Nnaelue Okafor and remanded in the prison. We subsequently dismantled the whole contraption by locating the parents of the Very Nnaelue Okafor at Ifite Ogwari town with the help of one Mr Odogwu Odogwu blog based in Awka and Okechukwu Nwanguma of NOPRIN . The mother of the deceased filled an affidavit in court stating that, the son Nnaelue Okafor was the MASSOB commander at Silas works Fegge Onitsha who was arrested by the AWKUZU Sars on the 29th of April 2013 and that she never saw her son till date . She mentioned how she gave her farm produce to a Sars officer at AWKUZU to enable the release of the son. If the son was released, the bail bond for the very release should be tendered.
It turned out that, the very Sars officer she was giving her farm produce, was equally our own IPO . Suffice to say that the police and the state government disappeared after that.
When we came out of prison, the onslaught on James Nwafor and AWKUZU Sars commenced immediately. Amnesty international anchored by one Damian Ugwu, the astronomically rugged Okechukwu Nwanguma of NOPRIN, the ever stubborn Justus Uche Ijeoma, Dr Justin Nwankwo and myself released all the Cylinders on AWKUZU Sars and James Nwafor.
This led to a BBC African focus program by the Amnesty international. Justin Nwankwo featured in the program were he narrated our ordeal in the hands of Csp James Nwafor. Aljazeera news network aired Justin Nwankwo’s presentation of our case intentionally.
Not long after that, the same Amnesty international facilitated a world press conference at Abuja with the police hierarchy in attendance . Victims of James Nwafor narrated their ordeal before the world. After the press conference, James Nwafor was transferred to Bauchi state from AWKUZU Sars.
We kept a tab on his movement. Not long after, we got an information that he has been transferred to Enugu state from Bauchi state and Willie Obiano was behind the transfer. Before you know it, He was back at AWKUZU Sars compliment of Willie Obiano.
It was Justus Ijeoma that called me one early morning to tell me that James is back at AWKUZU Sars and I did not believe it. I then called my contact officer at the place and he equally told me that he was eating rice in his office. We subsequently went back to the trenches yet again with Justus leading the onslaught. Within the very period, Willie Obiano continued to shield him. Eventually he was removed again and only for him to resurface as an SSA to Willie Obiano on security after retirement.
Before then, on the 26th of December 2016, Igwe Godfrey Ezechukwu, the Okwuluora of Umuchu sent one Ichie Mathias Ekeariri to invite me to his palace. When I got there, he informed me that Victor Umeh came to his palace and complained that I was disturbing the individual the state government invited to fight crime in the state by name James Nwafor. He reminded Victor Umeh of the injustice I suffered and the relationship he had with my father and the need to address the injustice.
Then, at a funeral occasion at Umuchu and Victor Umeh was present, one Onunkwo Ikenga Tony took the microphone and called on Victor Umeh to intervene in the injustice against me.
Two or three days after, Victor Umeh arranged a meeting between myself , Willie Obiano and himself at the government house. Willie Obiano asked me if I had any problem with Peter Obi before my hotel demolition incident and I said no, not at all. He then said that Peter did not leave any money and that the 75 billion naira talk was an accounting gymnastics. The best he could do was to give me a contract and I will recover from there. That was the last time I heard from Willie Obiano.
It is very clear that Willie Obiano knew all that is to know about James Nwafor and cannot claim innocent in any form.
Peter Obi and his role is next.
MY NAME IS BONAVENTURE CHOKWEBUNDU MOKWE AND ALSO CALLED THE CHIEF PRIEST.
News3 weeks ago
Nigeria will support Joe Biden with $600M as a pay back to Trump who supported IPOB – Lai Mohammed
Entertainment10 months ago
Bird turn into naked beautiful woman after been knocked down by Driver (video)
News9 months ago
Thunderous C2IFG “Own Your Life Campaign” Retreat That Storm Whole Of Abuja
World5 months ago
US PRESIDENT CANCELLED BILL GATES PROJECT KNOWN AS ID2020.
News4 months ago
President Buhari Considering Fresh Nation-wide Lockdown, Gives Reasons
News2 months ago
Ex Gov. of Ekiti, Fayose condems former President, Olusegun Obasanjo for his comment about late Buruji Kashamu.
Gossip8 months ago
Lady mistakenly uploaded her n@kkɛd video on social media
Gossip3 months ago
Makeup artist allegedly slumps and dies while dancing at her birthday party in Jos