Connect with us

Gossip

Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Alleged Demotion, Says It’s Fake News

Published

on

Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Alleged Demotion, Says It's Fake News
Spread the love

The Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), Dolapo Badmus has described as fake news, the report that she has been demoted by the Nigeria Police Force.

The former Lagos PPRO debunked the report in a tweet via her official Twitter account on Saturday.

A member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s media team, Ayo Akanji had in a series of tweets on Saturday said that Dolapo Badmus and a former head of the Police Complaint Unit, Yomi Shogunle are among the demoted and reprimanded officers.

It will be recalled that the Police Service Commission had earlier announced to take administrative action against 37 former operatives of the notorious Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Reacting to the report, Ms, Badmus said; “Ignore Fake News.”

Mr. Yomi Shogunle on the other hand is yet to comment on the report as at press time.

The administrative action comes following nationwide protests by Nigerian youths who called for an end to SARS over its notorious and vicious activities across the country.

The protest have continued despite the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a controversial unit of the Nigeria Police Force.

The disbandment was officially confirmed by the Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu earlier this week who announced the creation of new outfit to replace the defunct SARS.

The new unit known as Special Weapons and Tactics Team ( SWAT), has also been widely rejected by the protesting youths with #EndSWAT trending on different social media platforms.


Spread the love
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Gossip

Lekki Shootings: Death Recorded So Far Not More Than Two – Gov Abiodun

Published

on

Lekki Shootings: Death Recorded So Far Not More Than Two – Gov Abiodun
Spread the love

Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State has said the number of deaths recorded from last week’s Lekki Toll Gate shootings in Lagos State has not risen above two.

DAILY POST reports that some End SARS protesters in Lekki were reportedly shot by men said to be in military uniforms.

There have been confusion over the number of protesters who died as a result of the shootings as government and protesters claimed contradicting figures.

While speaking at a Peace Consolidation Meeting of Stakeholders with the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Mr. Adeleye Oyebade, at the Arcade Ground, Governor’s Office, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta on Tuesday, Gov Abiodun said those peddling fake news on the social media deliberately increased the figures to sew the seed of discord.

Abiodun recalled that “there was someone who was at the scene of the incident that day that was on live video, broadcasting that 70 people have died, hundred people have died, there’s blood all over the whole place.”

According to him, he was worried and put a call through to the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to confirm if truly many people have died as being reported by people on the social media.

“That night, we started going round to all the hospitals around Lekki, Ikoyi and the Island; we went to all the morgues; called for people who have missing corpse to come and report. First day, second day, third day and up till now, the number of deaths, I don’t think it has gone past two. I am not sure it has gone past two,” Ogun governor said.

Abiodun added further that “Since that day, nobody has come to say we are reporting a missing person; and some people continue to plant that seed of discord. We need to stop. We need to be more patriotic, this is not who we are. We should also be more circumspect,” he stated.

Meanwhile, he condemned in its entirety, the shooting of peaceful protesters or any other, saying, “We condemn the shooting of anyone – civilian, police or military. We do not believe the military should come and shoot people who are protesting. We did not support it in any language. It is not tenable and not acceptable.”


Spread the love
Continue Reading

Gossip

No EndSARS Protester Destroyed Properties- Sam Adeyemi

Published

on

No EndSARS Protester Destroyed Properties- Sam Adeyemi
Spread the love

1. Dear young citizen. It’s time for everyone to reflect. The massive destruction of properties in Lagos and other cities is so sad. Some want to blame you, but you must not buy that narrative. They know those that introduced violence. #ENDSARS

2. Those that looted and destroyed property are also not part of you. They are products of a system that does not value its youths and has left them with little or no hope. They are part of the reason you raised your voice against injustice and want a new Nigeria.

3. What you did in less than a week was a phenomenon. Let me share how I see it. You attracted a mass following across all sectors within a short time because your cause is noble. No sane person should fault your call for justice.

4. Leadership experts believed for a long time that the best way to motivate people to move is to give them a vision of the ideal future. But it has not always worked. People prefer status quo to change.

5. In recent times, they have come to realise that it sometimes works better to tell the story of people’s pain: their livable experiences. You got this right. You generated impetus and galvanised people to act focusing on police brutality.

6.You overcame things that have divided our country and frustrated it’s development including ethnicity and religion, and put up a united front. You practically shared love instead of our culture of prejudice. That was a breakthrough.

7.The power gap between the leader and the led is high in most developing countries. That gap is low in most developed countries. You crushed that gap. You ran an efficient system on a flat structure. Your model of leadership facilitates development.

8.Your flat leadership structure meant no one was dominating another. As leaders you took responsibility and served one another. You were accountable and transparent, announcing income and expenses daily. These have not been part of our leadership culture.

9.You provided “stomach infrastructure”, meeting the basic needs for food and water. You provided healthcare with ambulance services. Some even got free haircuts on the street. Your organization was efficient.

10. You got quick wins. A governor came to meet you on the street (I commend him for this). SARS was dissolved and the government agreed to your 5for5 demands (I commend government for these).

11. Continue to call for a stop to the looting and destruction. Take a deep breath. You created a mini new Nigeria. How do you take things forward and scale up? Please, stay strong online, own your narrative by all means and keep your discussions going. #ENDSARS

https://mobile.twitter.com/sam_adeyemi/status/1320428679638507520


Spread the love
Continue Reading

Gossip

Edo Youths Seek Justice For Orphan Killed By Nigerian Army During EndSARS Protests

Published

on

Edo Youths Seek Justice For Orphan Killed By Nigerian Army During EndSARS Protests
Spread the love

The Coalition of Edo North Youth for Good Governance has demanded justice for a 25-year-old orphan, Godwin Junior Iraoya, killed during the #EndSARS protest in Auchi, Edo State.

SaharaReporters had reported how Iraoya was killed by soldiers led by one Colonel Abdulsamad Tanko during a peaceful protest on Monday, 12th October, 2020.

The protesters were rallying in Auchi to join the demand for the scrapping of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad unit of the police when the incident happened.

CENYGG in a statement through Lawal Hafiz, Oseni Alidu, A.M. Express, Timaya and Agbede Monday condemned the use of force by security operatives on protesters.

The statement reads, “We demand justice for late Godwin Iraoya, a young energetic man who was murdered by the criminal men of the Nigerian Army during a peaceful protest at Auchi, Edo State on 12th October 2020.

“The Edo North Youths in entirety, demand justice for Godwin Iraoya whose body is still lying at Santa Mariah Hospital, Jattu-Auchi.

“We challenge the Edo state government and the Nigerian government to heed to the call to have justice for Godwin Iraoya who hails from Otuo, Owan East Local Government Area, Edo State and four others, from which one has his leg amputated and the other three in various hospitals for serious treatment.

“The group is ready to respond to these massacres both legally and otherwise.”

Also, family and friends of the deceased have demanded a full scale investigation on the incident.

They called on the Nigerian Government to show leadership and good faith by prosecuting those responsible for the shooting of Iraoya and other peaceful protesters.

“Goodwin Junior Iraoya is an orphan who has been staying with his uncle, Mr Titus Oisamoje Iraoye, in Warrake Road, Auchi. He marked his 25th birthday on October 3rd only to be murdered on October 19th. He was born in Sapele.

“The family, friends and youth of Auchi, Otuo and Afenmiland demand a full scale investigation. We demand justice. Our son cannot die in vain. Justice is all we need.”


Spread the love
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: