Lauretta Onochie, the Special Assistant to President Buhari on New Media, has said that the #EndSARS campaign by many Nigerians against police brutality and extra-judicial killings by security operatives in the country, is a coordinated attack by cybercriminals.
Onochie made the comment via her Twitter handle.
1. I have no doubt that there are some staff of SARS who are unprofessional in their dealings with d public, same way we have unprofessionalism in d Army, Mainstream Police, Customs, Civil Service, Public Service, traders, Lawyers, Doctors, journalists, teachers, pastors, etc.
2. But what is going on now, is a COORDINATED ATTACK BY CYBER CRIMINALS joined by UNSUSPECTING INNOCENT CITIZENS. This is not the first time. We must stand by our national institutions while working to improve their effectiveness. Thats what patriotism is about. NO SENTIMENTS.”she tweeted
Leader Can Be Called Upon To Come Rule Again After Losing Elections – Jonathan
Former President Goodluck Jonathan, has given reason a politician could be called to come back to lead the people after losing an election.
Recall that Jonathan lost his second term bid to President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.
According to the former Nigerian leader, the way leaders are perceived while in office can play a major role in their political career.
Jonathan stated this on Wednesday when he met the representatives of political parties from The Gambia at the closing of a two-day consultative retreat for political parties.
He charged African leaders to always pay attention to the way the majority of perceive them and their policies while in office.
He said for this reason, even after they lose elections, they can be called back to rule again by popular demand.
“Whatever a leader is doing, he needs to understand the fact that the perception of his policies and decisions would be a critical factor to be considered because he is there for the people,” Dr. Jonathan said.
“A leader can be doing all the right things to be done for nation-building, but if the perception among the people does not match what he is doing, then he can never go very far in politics
Northern Elders Rejects Gumi For Defending Bandits Say He Doesn’t Represent Us
A coalition of some Northern elders on Wednesday disassociated themselves from comments made by an Islamic cleric, Sheikh Gumi who has been holding peace talks with bandits across Kaduna, Zamfara and Niger State.
The northern elders dissociated themselves from allegations the Islamic cleric made after one of his meetings where he said non-Muslim soldiers had carried out orchestrated killings in some communities, precipitating anger.
“What I want you people to understand is, soldiers that are involved in most of the criminalities are not Muslims. You know, soldiers have Muslims and none Muslims. The non-Muslims are the ones causing confusion just to ignite a crisis,” Sheikh Gumi told a delegation led by the Secretary to the Niger State Government on a negotiation mission for the release of the kidnapped Kagara students.
The Norther Elders under the aegis of North East Elders for Peace and Development (NEEPD) disassociated themselves from the comments noting that the allegation does not represent the position of the region. They said the public should see such comment as the cleric’s personal opinion.
NEEPD in a statement by the coordinator, Zana Goni, resisted attempts by individuals or groups to profile the military.
They said it was necessary for groups in the north to condemn such dangerous statement made by the Islamic cleric so it does not look like he speaks for the region.
“As Northern elders committed to a united and indivisible nation, we hasten to condemn in very strong terms the allegations made against the Nigerian military by one of our leading Islamic scholars, Sheikh Abubakar Gumi
“We rise in one voice to dissociate ourselves from the dangerous and divisive allegations leveled against our patriotic soldiers by Sheikh Gumi, in one of his missions to meet with bandits in a forest around Niger State, the group said.
Nigerians Disappointed With NASS For Confirming Sacked Chiefs As Ambassadors
Nigerians are disappointed with the National Assembly for confirming sacked Service Chiefs as ambassadors.
I wonder why Senators who agreed with Nigerians when they decried the poor performance of the Service Chiefs will sit to cleared them for another appointment.
2) Let me use this opportunity to express the dismay of most Nigerians to the Senate. Convey this to the Senate. We must be courageous in whatever we are doing. Everything must not be party affairs.
3) You (Senators) sat and discussed that they should dismiss the service chiefs. You said they’re not performing. Now the same people who were not performing, you have confirmed them as ambassadors. What kind of country are we?
4) In anything we do, we must remember that there is tomorrow; our conscience is key. It’s not because I want to be a loyalist to a party. No. There are things you cannot reconcile at all.
World1 month ago
Trump declares state of emergency in DC ahead of Biden’s inauguration
News5 months ago
Nigeria will support Joe Biden with $600M as a pay back to Trump who supported IPOB – Lai Mohammed
News7 months ago
Ex Gov. of Ekiti, Fayose condems former President, Olusegun Obasanjo for his comment about late Buruji Kashamu.
Entertainment1 year ago
Bird turn into naked beautiful woman after been knocked down by Driver (video)
News1 year ago
Thunderous C2IFG "Own Your Life Campaign" Retreat That Storm Whole Of Abuja
World9 months ago
US PRESIDENT CANCELLED BILL GATES PROJECT KNOWN AS ID2020.
News12 months ago
Lady mistakenly uploaded her n@kkɛd video on social media
News8 months ago
President Buhari Considering Fresh Nation-wide Lockdown, Gives Reasons