Connect with us

News

COVID-19: Ajimobi wishes Makinde quick recovery, commends FG

Published

on

Spread the love

A former Governor of Oyo State, Dr Abiola Ajimobi, has expressed solidarity with his successor, Gov. Seyi Makinde as he tested positive to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
Ajimobi told newsmen on Monday evening in Ibadan that testing positive to COVID-19 was not a death sentence, commending Makinde for his bravery.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Makinde had on Monday through his twitter handle confirmed that he tested positive to COVID-19.
Ajimobi expressed solidarity with the governor, saying he had already sent a solidarity message to wish him quick recovery and God’s protection.
“Immediately I heard that my brother, Gov. Seyi Makinde’s test came back positive, I sent him a text message to express solidarity with him and wish him quick recovery, and God’s protection.
“I also want to appreciate him for his bravery with this revelation. I know with adequate care he will get over it. I wish him a quick recovery,” he said.
The former governor, who is the National Deputy Chairman(South) of All Progressives Congress (APC), advised Nigerians to keep observing the safety measures already reeled out by health professionals.
“COVID-19 is not a death sentence, people have recovered from it. We will get over this too, but we must continue to ensure that we follow all safety measures.
“Measures like hand washing, social-distancing and other recommended safety standards. As for all our health workers, we appreciate them for their front line role in the fight against the disease,” he said.
Ajimobi also commended the Federal Government for the steps taken so far to curb the spread of COVID-19.
He recalled that the palliative measures of the federal government would go a long way in alleviating the problems that could be associated with the stay-at-home advisory.
Ajimobi also commended governors across the country for the steps taken so far to nip the spread of COVID-19 in the bud.
“Apart from all our governors across the country who are taking steps to curb the transmission of the disease, I want to especially commend Gov. Jide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State for his proactive measures to safeguard the lives of Lagosians.
“Lagos is a major economic hub of the country with a lot of people moving into the state from all over the country, thus the steps taken so far by the governor to contain the spread of the disease is worthy of commendation,” he said. (NAN)

ALSO READ:  PLEASE, STOP GANDUJE FROM ACCESSING N300BN CHINESE NEW LOAN – KANO ELDERS BEG BUHARI.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Obaseki, Oshiomhole Meet Publicly For The First Time Since After Edo Polls (pix)

Published

on

By

Obaseki, Oshiomhole Meet Publicly For The First Time Since After Edo Polls (pix)
Spread the love

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki at the weekend maintained that he has no personal grudges against his predecessor and former chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, but only dislikes his style of politics.

Obaseki disclosed this to journalists in Auchi, Etsako-West Local Government Area of the state, at the Centenary Birthday Thanksgiving of Msgr. Thomas Oleghe and 18th Canonical Erection Anniversary of the Diocese of Auchi held at Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Auchi.

Obaseki, who exchanged greetings with an elbow-bump in compliance with COVID-19 preventive protocols, with his predecessor, said they are both sons of Edo with interest of the state at heart.

ALSO READ:  All SARS Officers To Join Other Police units As Crimes Will Be Tackled In A new Format

The governor said: “I don’t have anything personal against Oshiomhole. I may not like his politics, but he has not done anything personal against me. We all are interacting with the interest of the country and the development of our community at heart.”

The governor said the Zonal Congress of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which was scheduled to hold this Saturday, was postponed due to the local government elections taking place in Delta State.

“The Zonal Congress, which was to hold today has been postponed to Tuesday and it’s a normal routine to satisfy the party’s constitution; there is nothing amiss,” he added.

ALSO READ:  Gov. Obiano Addressed #EndSARS Protesters, Promised To Grant Their Requests

On his part, Oshiomhole, who was a guest at the event, hailed his successor, Governor Obaseki, describing him as ‘his brother and friend.’

Oshiomhole stated: “Once the governor speaks, the matter ends. The governor knows that pensioners here might not be able to do much, that is why he said every other thing required to complete the hostel of the Catholic School of Nursing and Midwifery in Uzairue, his government will do.”

Continue Reading

News

El-Rufai Appoints 28-Year-Old Nur-Khalil As Director In Kaduna Investment Agency

Published

on

By

El-Rufai Appoints 28-Year-Old Nur-Khalil As Director In Kaduna Investment Agency
Spread the love

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has approved the appointment of the 28-year-old Kalil Nur-Khalil as the Director, Investment Intelligence at the Kaduna Investment Promotion Agency, KADIPA.

DAILY NIGERIAN reports that until his appointment, Mr Nur-Khalil was the acting head of Investor Relations at the agency.

He also doubled as a Technical Adviser to the Executive Secretary of the agency, Umma Yusuf-Aboki.

Mr Nur-Khalil holds a First-Class bachelors’ degree in Economics and was the best graduating student with a 3.98/4.00 CGPA.

Meanwhile, the state governor has also inaugurated the Board of the investment promotion agency with his deputy, Hadiza Balarabe as the Chairperson.

ALSO READ:  PLEASE, STOP GANDUJE FROM ACCESSING N300BN CHINESE NEW LOAN – KANO ELDERS BEG BUHARI.

Recall that on March 10, Mr El-Rufai had appointed the ex-Kano emir, Muhammadu Sanusi II, as the vice-chairman of the board.

Speaking during the ceremony, the governor stressed that the agency was established to compete with all emerging markets within and outside Nigeria.

Mr El-Rufai, therefore, welcomed the members of the Board, especially Mr Sanusi for accepting to “serve the people of the state”.

According to Mr El-Rufai, KADIPA has been an “important and successful vehicle” in the investment drive of the state, helping to attract “over $2.1 billion in actual and pledged investments since 2015.”

The governor urged the board chair to “double its efforts in making the state the topmost investment destination in Nigeria by improving its ease-of-doing-business ranking”.

ALSO READ:  Gov. Obiano Addressed #EndSARS Protesters, Promised To Grant Their Requests

On her part, Mrs Balarabe assured the governor of the boards’ commitment to improving the record KADIPA holds, “given the calibre of persons on the board”.

Continue Reading

News

Ogun Police Arrest Family Of 7 Who Specializes In Kidnapping

Published

on

By

Ogun Police Arrest Family Of 7 Who Specializes In Kidnapping
Spread the love

The Ogun State Command of the Nigeria Police on Friday paraded a seven man syndicate that specialized in kidnapping in Sagamu area of the state.

Parading the suspect in Sagamu, the Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi said the kidnap syndicate made up of members of the same family.

According to Oyeyemi, five of the syndicate, Oweniwe Okpara and three of his children namely; Samson Okpara, Bright Okpara and Eze Okpara as well as one Christian Ishaha and Emmanuel Joseph were arrested in Sagamu, while three others of his children; Godwin Okpara, Godspower Okpara and Mathew Okpara were arrested in Delta State.

The father, Okpara was said to have been a farmer on farmland at the Aiyepe-Ijebu road which was being used as the kidnapping ground where the trio of Godwin, Godspower and Mathew, who were the armed squad of the syndicate usually dumped their victims.

Oyeyemi appreciated the cooperation of the Sagamu security operatives under the Palace of the Akarigbo of Remoland, Oba Babatunde Ajayi for supporting the police in the efforts at arresting the kidnapping syndicate.

ALSO READ:  War in AsoRock: DSS Lays Siege at PremiumTimes Office, Moves To Arrest Editor-In-Chief

Oyeyemi said, “In compliance with the CP’s directive, the DPO of Sagamu division CSP Okiki Agunbiade and his crack detectives with the support of Sagamu security council under Akarigbo of Remo land embarked on intelligence and technical based investigation, which led to the arrest of one Oweniwe Okpara from Delta state and three of his children namely; Samson Okpara, Bright Okpara and Eze Okpara as well as one Christian Ishaha who accommodated them.

“They were all arrested in Ajaka area of Sagamu for their roles in the kidnap of 8 persons at different times in Sagamu and other areas.

“In the course of investigation, it was discovered that three other members of the family constituting the criminal gang namely; Godwin Okpara, Godspower Okpara and Mathew Okpara are the armed squad of the syndicate, while Samson, Bright and Eze Okpara were the one spying on their targeted victims.

ALSO READ:  ‘Don’t Feel Bad If Your Girlfriend Abandons You’ – Omokri Tells Bachelors

“One Emmanuel Joseph, a native of Ebele in Edo State was later recruited into the fold, having confronted their sister, Eze Okpara to tell him the source of money they used to count every day. They subsequently opened up to him that they are into kidnapping business and he also joined them.

“Having heard about the arrest of their father and their three siblings, Godwin, Godspower and Mathew Okpara took to flight and ran to Delta state with their operational car and their arms where they were subsequently apprehended by the Delta state police command after carrying out another kidnapping there”.

“Their camp located at a forest in Ayepe-Ijebu where their father used to farm before converting it to a camp was located by policemen led by the DPO Sagamu and subsequently destroyed. Items recovered at the camp include; three expended cartridges, cooking gas, tarpaulin, cooking utensils, women bags and twine.”

Narrating his ordeal, one of the victims, a 53-year electronics dealer, Okechukwu Onwubiko, who was kidnapped on the 4th of June, 2020, disclosed that he regained his freedom from the Okpara kidnapping syndicate’s den seven days after his family had paid N5 million ransom.

ALSO READ:  PLEASE, STOP GANDUJE FROM ACCESSING N300BN CHINESE NEW LOAN – KANO ELDERS BEG BUHARI.

Also kidnapped was a RCCG Pastor, Omotayo Sobowale, who runs a POS business, he said was kidnapped on the 16th of June, 2020.

He said, he was shown leniency when he told them he is a pastor but had to part away with N1 million before he could regain his freedom after 24 hours.

He identified one of the suspects to have come looking for a job in his company.

Other people kidnapped by the syndicate were Lamidi Akeem, Olufunke Areoye, who was kidnapped on the 3rd of November, 2020, Adijat Adeleye was equally kidnapped on the 11th of November, 2020, Ashaye Olayinka on the 12th of November and Demilade Sonuga.

Oyeyemi who said the State Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun, was satisfied with the apprehension of the syndicate, called for the cooperation of the public in providing adequate security in the state.

Continue Reading

Trending