Connect with us

News

Bandits ran away on hearing that dreaded 70-yr-old Priestess was aproaching

Published

on

Spread the love

What could have been another successful onslaught against armed bandits in Niger state by a combined force of the 70-year-old priestess and local hunters have been foiled by informants who leaked the planned invasion to the bandits.

Hundreds of bandits terrorizing communities in Rafi local government area of the state on Sunday, fled the communities after they were informed by their informants that the “dread” woman spiritualist had arrived the town with local hunters to lunch onslaught against them.
It was gathered that after the successful attacks on the bandits last week leading to the killing of about 40 of them in a sting operation that was led by the priestess, the state approach her for help against those bandits in Rafi, Shiroro and Paikoro local government areas of the state.

ALSO READ:  IG of Police Released New Terms And Conditions On SARS Operation With Contacts To IG of Police

The priestess with the hunters had arrived Kagara on Sunday afternoon only to discovered that the bandits had got information about her presence in the town and fled their hideouts.
The woman was said to have immediately told the people that some informants had told the bandits of her arrival in town.

“The woman told us that the bandits are already aware of her arrival and had taken to their heels with their motorcycles. She even showed us in a calabash how they were escaping”, a source close to the communities said.

This development, our source said, infuriated the woman’s spiritualist and she left the town with anger, but assured the people that the bandits would be tracked down if they (bandits) ventured to returned to the communities.

ALSO READ:  UPDATE: Sowore, Bakare Plead ‘Not Guilty’ To Treasonable Felony Charges

“She said now that she had known the communities, she would not announce her next visit”, our source disclosed.

It could be recalled that the state governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello had raised the alarm that informants had continued to frustrate the effort of the government in the fight against the bandits in the state.

The governor stated this in Minna recently while giving an update on the security situation in parts of the state that the informants were everywhere “including here in Government House” but vowed that the war against all forms of banditry and criminality would be won in the state.

ALSO READ:  FG TO MOVE CARGO BY BARGES TO ONITSHA INLAND PORT
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Leader Can Be Called Upon To Come Rule Again After Losing Elections – Jonathan

Published

on

By

Leader Can Be Called Upon To Come Rule Again After Losing Elections - Jonathan
Spread the love

Former President Goodluck Jonathan, has given reason a politician could be called to come back to lead the people after losing an election.

Recall that Jonathan lost his second term bid to President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.

According to the former Nigerian leader, the way leaders are perceived while in office can play a major role in their political career.

Jonathan stated this on Wednesday when he met the representatives of political parties from The Gambia at the closing of a two-day consultative retreat for political parties.

He charged African leaders to always pay attention to the way the majority of perceive them and their policies while in office.

ALSO READ:  Man Suspected To Have Killed Himself In Anambra

He said for this reason, even after they lose elections, they can be called back to rule again by popular demand.

“Whatever a leader is doing, he needs to understand the fact that the perception of his policies and decisions would be a critical factor to be considered because he is there for the people,” Dr. Jonathan said.

“A leader can be doing all the right things to be done for nation-building, but if the perception among the people does not match what he is doing, then he can never go very far in politics

Continue Reading

News

Northern Elders Rejects Gumi For Defending Bandits Say He Doesn’t Represent Us

Published

on

By

Northern Elders Rejects Gumi For Defending Bandits
Spread the love

A coalition of some Northern elders on Wednesday disassociated themselves from comments made by an Islamic cleric, Sheikh Gumi who has been holding peace talks with bandits across Kaduna, Zamfara and Niger State.

The northern elders dissociated themselves from allegations the Islamic cleric made after one of his meetings where he said non-Muslim soldiers had carried out orchestrated killings in some communities, precipitating anger.

“What I want you people to understand is, soldiers that are involved in most of the criminalities are not Muslims. You know, soldiers have Muslims and none Muslims. The non-Muslims are the ones causing confusion just to ignite a crisis,” Sheikh Gumi told a delegation led by the Secretary to the Niger State Government on a negotiation mission for the release of the kidnapped Kagara students.

ALSO READ:  Residents Kill Six Bandits, As Two Locals Die In Kaduna

The Norther Elders under the aegis of North East Elders for Peace and Development (NEEPD) disassociated themselves from the comments noting that the allegation does not represent the position of the region. They said the public should see such comment as the cleric’s personal opinion.

NEEPD in a statement by the coordinator, Zana Goni, resisted attempts by individuals or groups to profile the military.

They said it was necessary for groups in the north to condemn such dangerous statement made by the Islamic cleric so it does not look like he speaks for the region.

“As Northern elders committed to a united and indivisible nation, we hasten to condemn in very strong terms the allegations made against the Nigerian military by one of our leading Islamic scholars, Sheikh Abubakar Gumi

ALSO READ:  Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello, Loses Personal Assistant

“We rise in one voice to dissociate ourselves from the dangerous and divisive allegations leveled against our patriotic soldiers by Sheikh Gumi, in one of his missions to meet with bandits in a forest around Niger State, the group said.

Continue Reading

News

Nigerians Disappointed With NASS For Confirming Sacked Chiefs As Ambassadors

Published

on

By

Nigerians Disappointed With NASS For Confirming Sacked Chiefs As Ambassadors
Spread the love

Nigerians are disappointed with the National Assembly for confirming sacked Service Chiefs as ambassadors.

I wonder why Senators who agreed with Nigerians when they decried the poor performance of the Service Chiefs will sit to cleared them for another appointment.

2) Let me use this opportunity to express the dismay of most Nigerians to the Senate. Convey this to the Senate. We must be courageous in whatever we are doing. Everything must not be party affairs.

3) You (Senators) sat and discussed that they should dismiss the service chiefs. You said they’re not performing. Now the same people who were not performing, you have confirmed them as ambassadors. What kind of country are we?

ALSO READ:  UPDATE: Sowore, Bakare Plead ‘Not Guilty’ To Treasonable Felony Charges

4) In anything we do, we must remember that there is tomorrow; our conscience is key. It’s not because I want to be a loyalist to a party. No. There are things you cannot reconcile at all.

Gov Wike

Continue Reading

Trending