Connect with us

Gossips

16-year-old burnt by kerosene explosion in Nsukka, Enugu State

Published

on

16-year-old burnt by kerosene explosion in Nsukka, Enugu State
16-year-old burnt by kerosene explosion in Nsukka, Enugu State
Spread the love

16-year-old burnt by kerosene explosion in Nsukka, Enugu State

Akachukwu Madu, a 16-year-old boy, has suffered body burns as a result of a kerosene explosion in Ala-Uno in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State.

Akachukwu was unable to speak to our reporter due to injuries he sustained from the kerosene explosion which had part of his face, neck chest and shoulders badly burnt.

His father, Rev. Chika Madu told Daily Sun in Nsukka on Monday that the unfortunate incident happened on Wednesday, 29 September.

Rev Madu, who is the founder, Highway to Grace Assembly Ministry, Nsukka said that his first son Akachukwu wanted to use the Kerosene to put up the fire in firewood when it exploded and burnt part of his body.

ALSO READ:  NDLEA intercepts fake soldier with drugs, 16 walkie-talkie sets, ammunition, ATM, simcards for bandits

‘I was in the parlour around 1:30 pm when my wife raised alarm and I rushed out only to see that the kerosene I bought for thave exploded and ignited a fire on the body of my son,’ he recalled.

‘We managed to rescue him out of the burning fire and quickly removed the clothes he was putting on which was burning that moment.’

Explaining how the adulterated kerosene gets into the family, he alleged that he bought the product from Anthobrig Oil Nigeria Limited filling station Obollo Affor in Udenu LGA a day before the incident.

16-year-old burnt by kerosene explosion in Nsukka, Enugu State

‘This is not the first time I’m buying kerosene from the filling station, I was surprised and disappointed that the last kerosene I bought from them appears to be adulterated,’ he said.

ALSO READ:  Father Dies Of Shock Days After Watching Daughter In Viral Video

The cleric, who said that he had already reported the incident to the management of the filling station, however, expressed surprise that the management have not reached out to his family 6 days after he informed them about the development at the time of filing this report.

‘As I’m talking to you now, my son is still at the hospital receiving treatment, yet the managing director of the station who promised that he will reach out to my family have not called or visited,’ he said.

When contacted, Mr Anthony Nwodoh, the MD of the Anthobrig Nigeria Limited Filling Station, said that Mr Madu had to come and prove to the organisation that he bought the adulterated kerosene that from them.

ALSO READ:  Traders Lament As Ariaria International Market, Aba is Destroyed

‘Yes, I was told that one man was claiming that he bought kerosene from us that exploded and burnt his son.

‘But the truth remains that we have not received any further complain from any other person that our kerosene is adulterated and customers are still buying it from us.

‘So, he has to come and prove to us how he bought the adulterated kerosene from us,’ he said.

It would be recalled that the Enugu State Government had last month warned dealers of kerosene products against selling adulterated products to the public following death of four persons and others injured as a result of kerosene explosion in various local governments in Enugu North senatorial district.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Gossips

FG Confirms Killing Of Mala Bako, ISWAP Leader

Published

on

By

FG Confirms Killing Of Mala Bako, ISWAP Leader
Spread the love

FG Confirms Killing Of Mala Bako, ISWAP Leader

The federal government has announced the killing of Malam Bako, a leader of Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP).

Bako succeeded Abu Musab Al-Barnawi, the late leader and son of Boko Haram founder, Mohammed Yusuf.

National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno addressed State House correspondents on Thursday.

The retired General spoke after President Muhammadu Buhari met security chiefs at the State House.

FG Confirms Killing Of Mala Bako ISWAP Leader

Monguno disclosed that Bako was neutralized along with an ISWAP commander. He hailed the armed forces for recent successful operations.

“In one month, we have been able to take out the leadership of ISWAP, that is Abu Musab Al-Barnawi.

ALSO READ:  Hushpuppi: No formal report on Abba Kyari with us, says PSC

“Two days ago, the man who succeeded him, Malam Bako, one of ISWAP Shura Council, was also taken out.”

Monguno said the terror group is contending with leadership crisis accompanied with inherent issues of trust, conflicts and suspicion.

The NSA added that ongoing military operations had put pressure on Boko Haram, ISWAP, and the Islamic State in the Greatest Sahara.

On October 14, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Lucky Irabor confirmed Al-Barnawi’s death.

Continue Reading

Gossips

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train (Photos)

Published

on

By

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train
Spread the love

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

Armed bandits on Wednesday reportedly bombed a train travelling between Abuja and Kaduna, inflicting technical damages on the country’s major rail infrastructure.

Former Senator Shehu Sani said a train he rode between Kaduna and Abuja on Thursday morning nearly derailed because of an explosive that damaged a section of the tracks.

Mr Sani, in a telephone exchange with Peoples Gazette over the incident, said the bandits were targeting the trains in order to dispose of passengers of their cash and other valuable possessions. He also said the attackers opened fire on the train driver.

ALSO READ:  Panic as hoodlums attempt to burn Ile-Epo police station in Lagos

A spokesman for the Nigerian Railway in Abuja did not immediately return a request seeking comments on Thursday morning.

Bandits have repeatedly targeted the railway between the nation’s capital and the key northern city, which has become the preferred route for passengers seeking to avoid the perilous three-hour journey by road.

The deadly gangs have raided military bases and shot down at least one reconnaissance jet of the Nigerian Air Force. Last week, The Wall Street Journal reported that the military paid a ransom to the bandits to prevent President Muhammadu Buhari’s plane from being shot down.

The president has repeatedly vowed to be ruthless against the attackers largely responsible for widespread abduction and plunder of communities across Nigeria’s northwestern region.

ALSO READ:  Presidential Media Aide Posted Fake News Claiming EU Commended Buhari On Kankara Schoolboys

But security agencies are warning that the gangs are becoming more armed with sophisticated combat equipment that would make it more difficult to defeat them.

Following the information on the bomb blast on Kaduna-Abuja train by Bandits as reported on Wednesday, Chrysora Media learnt that Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) has suspended train service till further notice.
This was learnt through a text message received by our correspondence, which reads;

(NRC) INFO:

DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, TRAIN SERVICES HAVE BEEN IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR DEAR PASSENGERS.

EFFORTS ARE IN PLACE TO RESTORE SERVICE.
FURTHER INFORMATION WOULD FOLLOW IMMEDIATELY SERVICE IS RESTORED.

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train

Continue Reading

Gossips

Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest

Published

on

By

Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest
Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest
Spread the love

Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest

Security operatives, including police, soldiers and others have stormed the Lekki toll gate to prevent the first anniversary of #EndSARS nationwide protests.

The police authorities and State Government had warned against another phase of protests.

But the adamant groups have vowed not to back down despite the repeated warnings.

Organisers of the memorial protest have been mobilising on social media platforms.

They vowed to storm the Lekki Tollgate in a car procession.

The Nation reports the tollgate has been shut since October 20, after the EndSARS incident.

ALSO READ:  Sunday Igboho Has Been Poisoned In Cotonou Prison - Kemi Olunloyo

Witnesses told The Nation that heavy presence of armed security operatives was spotted in some parts of Lekki and other areas of the State.

Continue Reading

Trending